🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812
96e45b45
Community Member

Hello Upwork team a friend of mine is facing an issue and below is the problem his facing and he needs urgent help.

"Hello Upwork team am **Edited for Community Guidelines** user ID (1acac26d) I don’t know what has happened to my account, After trying two times to add my debit card to billing & payments with out success, my account now having some text at the top saying “Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support. Kindly advise and tell me what is happening to my Upwork account."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Nabwanika,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. Please note that for privacy reasons, we're not allowed to disclose any information about another user's account. However, I can confirm that your friend was able to reach out to the appropriate team and was assisted via a support ticket. Please advise him to refer to the ticket and don't hesitate to coordinate with the team. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
thedesignhero
Community Member

I am trying to invite a freelancer to agency account. Everytime the freelancer opens the invite link they receive following error while the freelancer confirms that he is using same email address. Can someone please help? 

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Hi Muzzammil,

I understand the freelancer you want to invite to your agency is having problems joining through the invite link. We would need to troubleshoot from their account as the issue seems to be on their end. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~ AJ
Upwork
bunny76
Community Member

One of my team member is trying to login to upwork the regular way and it prompted him to login through Google then..

He keep getting this error message:

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

And when he uses his email to login then it says that "This email address uses Google Sign-In."

tecmer
Community Member

Hi I am facing same problem with my friend email ID. He tried to reactive his acc but when he trying to loging only this mesage is appear. "Invalid Email ID". Can you pls activate his email id so he can do freelancing  Here is his email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

9ab817ac
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

I am posting this on behalf of my friend as he cannot login into his account.

He is getting update password prompt and once he clicks on update password he is notified that an email is sent to him to update the password. the fact is he is not getting any emails even after trying multiple times. The person has ongoing contracts and this issue will affect him badly so it needs to be resolved quickly.

My friend account is associated with the email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards

Hi Hamayun,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your friend would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community,

My friend is also facing this issue. He cannot post because he cannot login into his account. Once he clicks update password, even after the notification that a password update link is sent to his email, he is not receiving any emails. Please resolve this issue.

I can provide the email associated to his account.

954d7f9b
Community Member

Hi everyone, my boss has an upwork account using gmail to sign in, it's been along time since he changed his old email into a new one, he tried to sign in today, but he couldn't and it said "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address", can anyone help us?

954d7f9b_0-1667474856876.png

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thao, I understand your boss would like to contact support and regain access to their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.
A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~Andrea
Upwork
954d7f9b
Community Member

Hi Andrea G,

My boss did as what you said and received an email that had a link in it, but when he joined the link, it required him to sign in but he is having problem with Google sign in method. So can the support team help he via email or via Upwork with signing in or just send him anything useful via email like his user ID?

Thank you,

Thao.

Hello Arjay M,

My boss has the same problem, I've already sent you a message, can you help us?

Thank you,

Thao.

Hi Thao,

I'm really sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I did receive your message. However, due to privacy reasons, we can't disclose any information about another user's account.

As Andrea mentioned in her response, your boss should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. Advise them about the instructions given on how to get in touch with the Support Team and they will surely assist them accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
cfcc7970
Community Member

Please could you help my friend check his, it says his profile is no more available. His email on the platform is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Your Business is Problem
This is no longer available
Your Company financial
How revenue ?
What is business cost ?
cfcc7970
Community Member

Hello Nina, could you help look up my friend's account. His email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He cannot login. Signup says he has an account already, Login says his email does not exists. Profile is no longer available.

289e9296
Community Member

Hi, a friend of mine called **Edited for Community Guidelines** got his account permanently suspended. He received an E-mail after 3 times trying to verify his account that said his account had been permanently banned because Upwork Help Team was not able to verify it.

This happened 10 days ago and he appealed to Upwork Support Team, but he only received an E-mail which said the concern would be transfered to the appropriate team but he hasn't received a response yet. I wonder if you could answer me and tell me whether you are working on it,  this has no solution, or how much he'll have to wait to restore his account, in which he had spent money to buy connects and why did the suspension be so dramatic, without giving him a proper explanation of your reasons to not let him try to verify himself anymore.
Help him please.

Yours faithfully,
Albert, friend of **Edited for Community Guidelines** (the owner of the suspended account)

Hi Albert,

We certainly understand your friend would like to contact support and resolve the issue with his account. Please note that they should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Upwork support said not possible recover

Hi Ahammad,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team and they will advise you correctly. In this case, it is not possible to recover the account.

~ AJ
Upwork
ahsalauddin
Community Member

my friends Upwork account was suspended. There worked and earned almost $60. Upwork support team said not possible recover id. How will she get his earnings? is it possible to get back id ? or withdraw money?

e762e987
Community Member

Hi,

I am reaching out for my sister's concern regarding her account was suspended this morning permanently due to identity. Can you please help her? She is the only owner of the account and she is willing to provide additional documents as a proof that it is her account. 

She really needs it because that is the only work she has and we have a mother who as a stage 3 ovarian cancer and needs chemotherapy every week. Upwork jov is really a good provider for our mother. 

My sister contacted you but sti no one replies so I will be the one to reach out. 

If her account has been suspended, just please allow her to get her pending salary for 2 weeks. She has been striving  working with it for our mother's medication. Please help her to solve her account. We beg you. 

This is her account: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0164e225eaf57717f3

Hi Liezel,

I understand your sister would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ AJ
Upwork
ccb2a57a
Community Member

Hello! One of our team member's accounts was suspended but when we filed to appeal the suspension, we got this email.
So either account is suspended or it's not? Please advise. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 1.48.31 PM.png

Hi Olivia,

I understand your colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. 

Since you were able to get in touch with the appropriate team, you can continue communicating through that email or the ticket associated with your concern if you need further assistance. The team will surely review your case and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2609eff4
Community Member

My mom has her own Upwork account created many years ago, and now we are trying to login to that account but it won't allow us. 

At first I thought she didn't have one so I tried creating a new one using her gmail account, and it said that her email address is already used and recommended we should log in instead. So then I tried logging in but this is what it says: 

Google account r...a@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

It won't allow us to login in any way, whether it is through the Google Sign-in or input the email manually. Hope someone can help us out here, we really want to access the old account since i'm pretty sure there's a lot of connects and history there, thanks!

Hi Anette,

I understand your mom would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ AJ
Upwork
2fe731ad
Community Member

Posting on behalf of a friend.

"I was only trying to delete my client account, I did not realize my freelancer account would get deleted too! I have clicked on the Get Support button and sent in my information. Can I still recover my account?  Please help. "

Thank you

Hi Denise,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6406b64f
Community Member

Hello,

My friend has the same problem "Oops! Username is incorrect." and can`t log in. She double checked everything to be sure, but it still says the same thing: "Oops! Username is incorrect." By not being able to log in, she can`t contact support to clarify what might be the problem. What to do?

Thank you

katkeifer92
Community Member

Hi.

A freelancer I know has an Upwork account that's been inactive for a few years. They can't log into their account now and keep seeing a message that says "Oops! Username is incorrect". 

What can they do to resolve the issue? They want to use Upwork again.

8a814602
Community Member

Hi Upwork team

a ticket that is almost been a month but there is no respond yet, this ticket is my friends request upon she got hack by someone. although she is happy that her account is being locked down,

Her buisness is going down because she hire a 3 freelancer for his fashion shopify store she spend 10k+ including salaries of freelancers and now Upwork holds all the contract from septmber.

she is waiting for an update to reclaim the account for almost a month now.

ticket #37620412 

Please we need urgent action for this, she had active contracts inside her account. and she could provide every documentation needed. 

I am making this discussion for the sake of my friends account as I am worried not only because the hacking has been done but also upworks long time to take action about it.

yourlogomaster
Community Member

My wife's ( WRITI DUTTA ) Upwork account got suspended for no reason. 

She doesn't have any access and can't post this to the community hence on her behalf I am posting this issue.

She got an identity verification email as upwork noticed some "irregular activities"  but what activities they found they didn't even explain. Is that she login her account in her laptop, desktop or phone / tablet to check website responsiveness? She did the necessary steps as per Upwork email to set a video call via google meet where she needs to share her screen. She did everything they asked and answered every queries while they didn't even asked for ant ID profe to check. But she got email that the account got suspended as they are not able to verify her identity.

Her account has been suspended without any explanations or proper reasons given. We know about all possible reasons which can lead to account suspensions but it looks like none of these reasons are applicable to this particular case. We are heavily concerned that an honest Upwork freelancer can be blocked without the reason and lose the ability to use the platform she used for more than 6 years.

She has a Top Rated Plus badge and verified identity (both ID and video call from 2019 and 2022 only via video call which leads to account suspension).

As there is an option on Upwork to appeal for suspension, please help so that she can get to know the reason or can solve the issue the team may have with the account. Without knowing the reason how come someone understands what's going on?

Please help!

Thanks
Barun K

444b1c25
Community Member

Hello Community hope everyone is doing well. I need some guidance, recently my one of the friend got his account suspended. Their argument was that someone has tried to login with their is. Is it a solid reason to suspend a rising star account? After 2 weeks of discussion all required documents were deliverd by his end and even client's chat on their demand. After taking too much time they had permanently suspended account. After this we have requested them to let us withdraw our earning, even they didn't reply and now their is no earnings in that account why? Kindly share your opinions regarding this and let me know if anyone help me with this. Have a great day!

tubasyed
Community Member

Hi,

I hope every one is doing good.

I wanted to request the relevant people at Upwork to kindly review the account of a friend. His account is suspended at the moment and he can't post or message in the community discussions.

His profile was verified few month ago, however, the profile has now been suspended. He has done 4 jobs, currently 1 job is in progress. 

He has raised the request but no response till now. Request #38008989

Kindly reslove this issue ASAP.

Kind Regards

Tuba R.

Hi Syeda Tuba,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations..
Please, refer to this help articlefor general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Joanne
Upwork
tubasyed
Community Member

According to him he didn't do any violation. Even he didn't receive any email from upwork before suspension. He want to know the reason.

He's unable to reach out through his account thats why I'm posting on his behalf, can you please guide me how can he can solve this issue? 

Hi Syeda, 

As mentioned by Joanne, we cannot discuss another user's account for privacy and security reasons. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members