🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help with another user's account
Page options
1lily
Community Member

Help with another user's account

Hello all,

I am here on the behalf of another freelancer who wants to reopen his closed account but has no means to contact you. 

Could you please assist?

Ps: This is an urgent matter so please do not ask me to send you a private message if you will not check it.  Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi all,

I understand your friend or colleague would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
Update:

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!
~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

812 REPLIES 812
Community Member

Hello.

A friend of mine has gotten a wrongful permaban.

How it happened was that he was working with a client, but the client, unbeknownst to him, was on some sort of Upwork blacklist, and he got wrongfully banned by association with such a client.

He has since appealed, but it has been at least over a week since the incident. There has been no response.

So he wants to know what else he can do to get his account back.

Here is his email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also, I also want to know about the progress of the situation, so if you find that his account has not been banned, please notify me as well.

e0e7b867
Community Member

Good day

My wife is unable to log in to her upwork account as when she puts in her email address she gets the error "Oops! Username is incorrect.", when she tries to select "Continue with Google" it says her account is not recognized for Google Sign In on Upwork. When she tries to create a new account with her email address, she gets the error "This email is already in use."

Please help as soon as you can. 

Her email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

marius_haesum
Community Member

My friend was recently banned without any reasons. Is it possible to get a mod in contact with him?

he wasn't received any reply in over a week, and can't make any new accounts on upwork or access the platform 

Hi Marius,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your friend.  Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. However, If they do have an existing support ticket associated with their concern, they can coordinate with the team by either responding to the ticket or through the email associated with the account they need assistance with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
caitlinlund
Community Member

Hi All,

My boyfriend uses the email **Edited for Community Guidelines** and has been unable to log into his account. He continually receives the following message: "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Can you please email him directly, or send me the instructions he needs to resume logging in? Again, his email address is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you!

5693c6af
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team

My brother could not find an option to contact you so he asked me. 

my brother's email is not working anymore to log in.

Please can you contact him at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

He can provide all the necessary documents to recover his account.

thanks

Marek

Hi Marek, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

You can direct them to Upwork's social media profiles below. 

Additionally, please share this help article with them to help them secure their account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
955e8f44
Community Member

My friend's account was permanently deactivated due to violating Upwork's Terms of Service. All he needs is to withdraw the money that he earned from that account. 

Hi Uchechukwu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ AJ
Upwork
iamkhatkar
Community Member

One of my clients wants to connect with you. We were working on a project and it got suspended and he is having a hard time connecting with you. Please share a direct link or number where he can connect with you. Thanks!

Hi Amit, we won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. Your client should've received an email notifying them of the suspension. They can reply to that email in order to reach the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
iamkhatkar
Community Member

Hey, Andrea! Thanks for your response.

Actually, He is new on Upwork and really doesn't know how to connect with the team. I'm just asking how can he connect with you. As a freelancer, I know how to connect or talk with Upwork executives. But he is having a hard time with that. So please help him out.

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Khatkar

639fba92
Community Member

My friend has a profile on upwork that he deactivate few days ago now he wants to reacivate it. Please help me out.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account which we hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help?

~ AJ
Upwork
mominaasif
Community Member

Hi! 

My friend is unable to log in to her account as it says, " You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address." while there is no other sign-in method. 

We saw some support articles and it says to remove the access to Google. We have done that but it still doesn't work. 

Please help my friend get her account back.

Thanks!  

34c55ab5
Community Member

Hi there. I want to reopen my old account ASAP. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Hi Pattern,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the old account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9ed5016d
Community Member

Hi, my brother's freelance account was suspended due to card banking problem, and he cant post any question on community, customer service also not responding. He asked my help to post this as he cant seem to post on his account

His Upwork account was suspended due to a bank account issue. Now, the bank issue is solved but the Upwork account is still suspended. Please help him check the ticket number (#36900961). 
Thank you

9ed5016d_0-1663250237843.png

This is a picture of his Upwork community page, there isnt any button to post any question.

Hi There,

We truly appreciate you reaching out on behalf of your brother. However, please know that we're unable to discuss another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. If they need an update, please advise the freelancer to reply directly to the support ticket or email notification so the team can review and reply accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9ed5016d
Community Member

Hi Arjay, the problem is that the customer support service is not replying. They just changed the support ticket to "solved " but did not reply anything and the account is still suspended.

Can anyone please help?

Hi there,

Please ask your brother to check his emails as a corresponding email for the support ticket is sent to him. He can respond to that email and it shall reopen the support ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork
8c737a0d
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

My client is ready to kickstart our project. He sent me an offer and I can't accept because his account is temporarily on hold. I want to assure you that we are keeping our deals and talks strictly on Upwork. Please I'd love if you could resolve this quickly so that I can get the job started before I lose this client. Pls help him and me. 

Your client should contact Upwork team himself. You cannot speak from his name.

Don't start any works a while issue not resolved.

Thanks Mykola, I haven't started any work. He told me Upwork hasn't sent him an email response on what to do. Meanwhile Upwork said that have sent him a message.

32c73781
Community Member

My sister is having the exact issue, can someone help her?

She gets "Google account m...n@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked." when she tries to sign in and also can't sign up with email as it's already used.

Thanks in advance.

jignesh261991
Community Member

Same here, One of my friend is also facing same issue. she is not getting the reset password emails.

762ddd68
Community Member

Please tell me where to go? My friend's account was immediately blocked after registration, support has not responded for a couple of days, can't he write here on the blog? Who can solve this problem? Thanks

762ddd68
Community Member

Hello Upwork. Please tell me where to go? My friend's account was immediately blocked after registration, support has not responded for a couple of days, can't he write here on the blog? Who can solve this problem? 

leon-quadros
Community Member

"You have not activated the google sign in for this account"

Posting this on behalf of a friend who is unable to login. Could someone please help her out?-

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Leon,

~ AJ
Upwork
5b687c7d
Community Member

OOPS!INCORRECT USERNAME

Good day! 

My partner upwork account can't log in, oops!Incorrect username. His name is**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Upwork name **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please email him at **Edited for Community Guidelines**.Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julie, I understand your partner would like to contact support and regain access to their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~Andrea
Upwork
7ed6299e
Community Member

Hello

One of my friends account got suspended recently though he has no idea why.

All he wants to know is that do you get paid if your payment was in review already or do you not after account suspension.

Thankyou

For more clearance the payment was to be recieved on 12th oct.....it was in review from upwork 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharjeel,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.

Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~Andrea
Upwork
96e45b45
Community Member

Hello Upwork team a friend of mine needs help this is his message

"Hello Upwork team am kakooza yusufu ali. I don’t know what has happened to my account, After trying two times to add my debit card to billing & payments with out success, my account now having some text at the top saying “Your account has been suspended. Please contact support. Kindly advise and tell me what is happening to my Upwork account."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nabwanika, I understand your friend would like to contact support and address the suspension on their account They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. They will be asked what type of account they need help with and to describe their issue or questions. Please allow our automated help a few chances to resolve the issue. If it's still not resolved after a few attempts, they will receive an option to contact support, speak with an agent and get help with an account-specific issue.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members