🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can I get back my mistakenly deleted upwo...
Page options
ms_ahmad
Community Member

How can I get back my mistakenly deleted upwork account?

I have deleted my first oDesk account mistakenly while deleting some unnecessary agency accounts. Now, I have created and verified this upwork account on the same email but with different user ID. Kindly guide me to get back my first account in which I have my completed jobs and valuable reviews. Thanking you in anticipation.

18 REPLIES 18
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Majid. 

As per your request, we'll reopen your old account and close the new one shortly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
yourms
Community Member

It will be a great pleasure for me thank you so much.

yourms
Community Member

Dear Bojan!

Thank you so much for restoring my old account 🙂

I am very glad, thank you.

Thank you so much.

mcguim
Community Member

Hello,

Is this function still available? Recovering Old Accounts

I don't know what happened to my old account back in 2016. I got some good feedback from the employer in that account. The same profile picture and name but different email addresses from this one. It would be great if you can help me recover it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi McGlenn,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e7f0b51b
Community Member

Hi,

I got same issue and my account is mistakenly closed. Can you reopen?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I cannot pm you.

Hi Imtiaz, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e7f0b51b
Community Member

Thanks Nikola,

I received one email but waiting for another to confirm ind recovery.

Can you expedite please?
e7f0b51b
Community Member

Can you update and recovermy account with user id **Edited for Community Guidelines** ?

Hi Imtiaz,

I sent you a private message with more information. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
hbp_1301
Community Member

Hey, Is this function still available I deleted my Upwork account while trying to change my Profile Name. Can you help me to restore my account too. 
Thank you..

Hi Hariharan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4ee663df
Community Member

I accidentally deleted my account. I have a freelancer and a client profile, I just want to close the client profile and when I clicked the close account on the client profile it also deletes my freelance account pls help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irfan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
2557e74c
Community Member

Hi Bojan S,

By mistake, I delete my account plz help me get back my account 

Email- **edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Surya, 

The account has now been restored as requested. Please close this account where you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

Let us know if you'll need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9f9994ac
Community Member

i want to create a username in my new upwork account

how can i do that

Hi Randika,

Your username is automatically created when you start your account and it cannot be changed. If you're referring to your profile name, you can update that anytime in Settings > Contact info.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members