🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I close/delete my account?
Page options
e037de2a
Community Member

How do I close/delete my account?

Hello. I made a profile on Upwork. When trying to cancel, I get

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
I want to be able to fix it myself without being forced towards a phone number.
Regards, V.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Vikram,

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

462 REPLIES 462
ffaaa0bd
Community Member

Hey Admin,

Would you please deactivate my account ? I can't see the link to deactivate my account 

Hi Leme,

I've closed your account as you requested.

~ Arjay
Upwork
03f2fbd3
Community Member

Hello, I wish to delete/close my account however I'm incapable of doing so because of an active proposal that I can't withdraw since the job had been deleted. How can I fix this issue? 

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Feriel,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
02fd393e
Community Member

I want to delete my account to but I have to close all my active proposals, but I cannot withdraw one of my active proposals because the job was already closed. Please help me with further steps to be taken to delete my account.

Hi Vasundhara,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, can you close my account too? I have the same problem

Hi Princess,

I'm sorry to hear that you wanted to close your account. We've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork
973a6640
Community Member

Hello.

I know that this question has been asked before but the answers don't seem to work out for me. The problem is, I want to delete my Upwork account but I have an active proposal and the job has been removed and I can't seem to withdraw my proposal as well. Please provide me with a solution to delete my account despite having an active proposal.

Thank you.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahnoor,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
fc1924f0
Community Member

Hi

I have the same problem is there any other way to close my upwork account?

48bd710c
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem and would like to delete my account but am not being able to do so because there's still and active proposal. It would be really helpful if someone could assist me.

Hi Asef,

Thank you for reaching out. Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork

hello, I want to delete my account to but I have to close all my active proposals, but I cannot withdraw one of my active proposals because the job was already closed. Please help me with further steps to be taken to delete my account.

Hi Mitz,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d415bac4
Community Member

Good day

I want to delete my Upwork account but I still need to close all my active proposals but I cannot withdraw one of my active proposals because the job was already closed. Though the job is already closed, it is still in my active proposals.

Hi Sheila,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
841a9922
Community Member

kindly help me to delete my account as there is no option for deleting account

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try following the steps shared in this help article to close your account? If you experience any issues let us know and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
841a9922
Community Member

I tried many times but there is no option for account closing 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. You can close the account from the Settings page by clicking the 'Close my account' link.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
12a912ee
Community Member

for some reason I am unable to delete my account the normal way please delete it NOW 

Follow these steps

1. Go to Settings › Contact Info.
  2. Click the Close my account link.
  3. Click Confirm.

Reply back if that doesn't work.

thats what I have been doing I already told you its not working, Just close it

bc253fb6
Community Member

Hey! 

Everybody, can you please tell me why I cannot delete my Upwork account? I withdrawal all my proposals and there is no active proposals as well. 

Hi Iqra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ca225250
Community Member

Hi

I never really wanted to set up a freelancer account and did it accidentally. I would like to have it removed but still keep my Client account open. Can you help?

Thanks

Cameron 

Hi Cameron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
walexus2000
Community Member

How do I close my freelancer account without closing my client account?

Hi Olawale,

Thank you for your message. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d996add3
Community Member

I want to close my account but when I try to go to profile settings where I should find the closing options, it just keeps loading the page endlessly. It just says "device authorization" like it shows in the screenshot.

Did you try clearing the cache and cookies or try using another browser? 
I had something similar issue and this cache thing worked for me. 

Hi Noomi, 

I checked and it looks like the account has already been closed. Feel free to reach out if you hany any questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
78a5f8ba
Community Member

I don't want to use Upwork anymore because I can't find a job at Upwork. I request that my account be deleted immediately, please.

When I say to close my account, it gives this error;

Thank you for using Upwork.
At this time we are unable to close your account. Please visit support.upwork.com to reach out to us directly.
Please note: For security purposes, you will not be able to change your username, or open a new account with the same email address.

Hi Kutlu,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you wish to close your account. If you want to close/erase your account and remove your information from Upwork, the first step is ensuring that all activity is cleared, including pending, active, and open activity. I checked and you still have an active submitted proposal. You need to Withdraw all proposals so that we can proceed with your account closure request.

Feel free to coordinate with the team through the support ticket you raised here if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c98eb08f
Community Member

Hi,

I would like to close my account. I followed all of the instructions, but there is no "Close Account" button under my Contact Info tab.

Thanks,

Katherine

Hi Kat,

Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork
7175a969
Community Member

Please I'm experiencing a technical problem regarding my phone number verification before posting a job for my employer. Error message "verification limit exceeded "

85c5915c
Community Member

Hi there,
I want to close my account, but that option is in the settings. In order to enter the settings, I need to know the answer to a security question I forgot. Now I'm stuck because in order to change any password I need to know the answer to the security question. Very poorly done user experience, without any logic. None of the help links solve my problem because it keeps bringing me back to the security question. 

My inbox is full of failed verification messages.

Can you delete my profile for me? I lost days and nerves trying.

Greetings,
Ana

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members