🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I file a complaint against a Cilent?
Page options
prissypenny
Community Member

How do I file a complaint against a Cilent?

my contract # is 27893479 with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. This happened on August 15. he asked for my skype address to forward info of the project ,a few hours latter It was suspended. I have been messaging him and he hasent responded. What im really angry about is on the 16th suddenly my macbook pro retina wont work. It connects to the internet but won't load any pages or says something is wrong with the internet connection to the device. When I use my PC the internet connect has no issues.

9 REPLIES 9
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Megan S wrote:

my contract # is 27893479 with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. This happened on August 15. he asked for my skype address to forward info of the project ,a few hours latter It was suspended. I have been messaging him and he hasent responded. What im really angry about is on the 16th suddenly my macbook pro retina wont work. It connects to the internet but won't load any pages or says something is wrong with the internet connection to the device. When I use my PC the internet connect has no issues.

So what you're saying is the client broke your internet?

I wanted to know if anyone had similar experience. I gave him my Skype info
and the next day my computer won’t work on my internet. I use another lab
top (that’s not my business) and it works fine. So kinda wired coincidence
and right timing

Megan S wrote:
I wanted to know if anyone had similar experience. I gave him my Skype info
and the next day my computer won’t work on my internet

So you somehow think the client disabled your internet remotely va Skype? How would they have done that? Just reconfigure the Internet connection on your Macbook. Macs do funky thing sometimes, I've had my iMac refuse to connect to wifi before, Apple's help pages helped me find and fix the issue.

Just because 2 things happen at a similar time doesn't mean they are in any way connected. In this case, they are virtually certainly not. 

Okay. I give a stranger my Skype account information or how to contact me.
Then the next day in the aft my business lab top won’t connect to the
internet. I was reporting this and commenting to see if others had the same
experience. Plus I don’t know him or tech stuff. I don’t know what he can
do with that info or if he’s a hacker. I know Upwork can’t do anything but
I wanted my issue brought to your attention. Is that possible for someone
on the internet to do that?
##- Please type your reply above this

Megan S wrote:
Plus I don’t know him or tech stuff

Then take your Macbook to someone who does. Giving a client your skype info does not allow the client access to your Macbook.

Think about it logically. If the client was a hacker, he would need your Macbook to connect to the internet to do anything... It is beyond illogical to think that those two events are connected in any way.

Megan S wrote:
 I don’t know what he can
do with that info or if he’s a hacker. 

The client can't do anything with your skype ID. Simply google the exact error message your Macbook gives you to find info on how to fix it.

petra_r
Community Member

Megan S wrote:

I have been messaging him and he hasent responded. What im really angry about is on the 16th suddenly my macbook pro retina wont work.

What exactly do you want to report the client for? 

If the contract is suspended, the client is suspended as well.

Wait a few weeks if it gets resolved, then close the contract if not. I see nothing to report unless you left out a big chunk of the story.

Megan:
I am sorry if you are disappointed by what happened recently.

I don't believe there is any way that filing a complaint about this client can help you.

I don't believe there is any way that Upwork Customer Support can help you with your laptop computer's internet connection.

If you are having problems with your laptop, these are possible ways forward:

- research the topic on your own

- obtain help from local experts

- make sure you have a client aspect to your Upwork account, and use that to post a brief but descriptive description of your problem as a job post, and hire a professional on Upwork who can help you fix your problem

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

You mentioned the client wanted to send project-related information, so unless you clicked on a suspicious link or ran a program sent by the client, some of the links can install viruses or malicious programs and steal your info. there is nothing to worry and call Apple Support and they should be able to help.

If you clicked on such links or downloaded any programs, please do a full system virus scan!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Please do not resume work with this client until the contract is active again. For more information, please check out this help article.

Regarding your laptop problems, I suggest following up on the advice you received on this thread. You can check on Google to find a solution or with a local expert. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members