🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I report an unprofessional and abusive...
Page options
biswasin
Community Member

How do I report an unprofessional and abusive client?

Hi all,

Would like to know what is the process to report an unprofessional and abusive client?

I have worked for more than 10 years of Upwork now (way back from its Odesk days) and have worked with mostly good but few bad clients. But this is the first time facing an unprofessional and abusive client. To summarise what all happened, For my recent work - "F&B Market Research & Feasibility Study" with Contract id : 36110930, the client changed scope, coverage plan, deadlines, etc. frequently. At the end, the work got delayed, the client didn't pay, increased scope of coverage, etc. all of which led to multiple delays. The client raised a dispute, which was ruled in my favour as I provided all the proofs. The client got frustrated it seems, declined to accept his mistake, and mentioned in his last communciation "we do not want the report any further" and an additional unprofessional comment "school mindset getting into business missions".

However, today the client again sent a message saying he wants the report, I replied saying he asked me to stop the work which I did, I have picked up other work and hence even if I start now it will take time. Post that, the client replied - "Seems like your attitude will never change and your behavior is within your genes… yes ! we actually don’t want the report anymore but we want only something to chase which you!"

Frankly, I have never expeienced such a client before. Would be great if someone can guide me on how to report such abusive clients?

Thanks in advance,

Ritam

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members