🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How this dispute works?
Page options
inquisitive-stha
Community Member

How this dispute works?

Hi, 

In my 4 years of a freelancing career, I am running into a dispute for the very first time. 

This is how it goes, 

1) I pushed the code to the client repo in the evening, and when I woke up client had already asked for the refund, mentioning the code didn't and blocked me.
2) So, I created the dispute and said that client does not make any two-way conversation as to run a project correctly I need to set up some configuration as well.
3) So, he does accept the dispute (this means funds were released from escrow), and then the client unblocked me.
4) Now on, I have already lost motivation to work with him, but still decided to help him because it was obviously my duty to do it as I was paid for the task, so still I send him the .env file required, and send me the instruction.
5) Now after these, I acknowledged he was using shared hosting and the hosting provider does not allow npm commands to run.
6) So, I asked him to move to VPS or send me the server details, so that I could check and see if there is any workaround. But, he keeps denying me to send the server details, saying that was not on the contract. 
7) Now, he again raised the dispute. 

Although, I will go to the dispute for sure and I think I have a pretty good chance of winning on it, as the client himself accepts it works on his local machine. 

But my main question is since I had already created a dispute and the client accepted the dispute, got the money from escrow, (and there is no money on escrow, it's already on my available). How many times should I go for the dispute on the same contract? Will the client still get refunded from the available balance even if it is not in escrow?

2 REPLIES 2
tagrendy
Community Member

Technically even after contract is closed, within 30 days the client can raise a dispute and ask for refund on everything that was paid in the contract - regardless if it's in Escrow or not. The only way client cannot dispute anymore or request a refund is if 30 days passed or if arbitration happened and the result was awarding you the money ( note arbitration is different from dispute, dispute is non-binding, arbitration is ).

PradeepH

Hi Saroj,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. Clients can request mediation assistance for payments released within the last 30days. I see that you are already communicating with the Dispute team via a support ticket. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members