🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to change a milestone value for a contrac...
Page options
alejandrocrespo
Community Member

How to change a milestone value for a contract?

Hello! A client created and funded a milestone for the color-grading of 200 pictures, however, after editing a 1/4 of the images, they started getting bad in technical quality (bad exposition, taken with bad ISO ).

I talked with the client about the technical impossibility of achieving what he desired without extensive restoration efforts, which would increase the budget considerably and still deliver a result that would not met my standards.

The client decided to stop the contract and pay me for the 50 images I edited so far, however, I'm not able to propose a milestone reduction edit! How can we go about this? The client is new to the platform, so I should explain to him this.

Tried to contact support, but the support web is down.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client decided to stop the contract and pay me for the 50 images I edited so far, however, I'm not able to propose a milestone reduction edit! How can we go about this? The client is new to the platform, so I should explain to him this."

The client needs to do this.

The client needs to close the contract. The client will be presented with a field that he can edit: The amount of escrow money to release to the freelancer.

The client can change this value to anything he wants. And then finalize closing the contract.

If the amount is less than the full amount in escrow, then this will automatically send the freelancer a refund request. The freelancer simply needs to click a button to Accept the request, and the remaining escrow money will be returned to the client's account AUTOMATICALLY. (Within 5 business days.)

Read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.37.52 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "The client decided to stop the contract and pay me for the 50 images I edited so far, however, I'm not able to propose a milestone reduction edit! How can we go about this? The client is new to the platform, so I should explain to him this."

The client needs to do this.

The client needs to close the contract. The client will be presented with a field that he can edit: The amount of escrow money to release to the freelancer.

The client can change this value to anything he wants. And then finalize closing the contract.

If the amount is less than the full amount in escrow, then this will automatically send the freelancer a refund request. The freelancer simply needs to click a button to Accept the request, and the remaining escrow money will be returned to the client's account AUTOMATICALLY. (Within 5 business days.)

Read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058-Get-an-Escrow-Refund

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.37.52 AM.png

Thanks! Will communicate this to him! 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members