🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am not receiving invites for new jobs
Page options
bharadhan94
Community Member

I am not receiving invites for new jobs

I am not receiving invites for new jobs , can you please check my profile and let me know what is the issue.

Thanks and Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bharadhan V wrote:

But I am not getting any job invites according to my expertise or hired. can you please guide me on how to open a ticket. 

Do NOT contact Support because you are not getting invites or aren't hired. That would be a monumental waste of their (or your) time.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic, where the platform is flooded by people ho want to work online. This is not just new people, but also people who have switched from using Upwork as an occasional sideline to trying to make it their main income.

You're in a desperately overcrowded category (everyone and their hamster does Wordpress) and your profile is rather average (nothing "wrong" with it as such, but it doesn't stand out in any way either.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JoanneP

Hi Bharadhan,

I can understand that it can be frustrating not to hear back from clients. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

You may want to check out the following freelancer resources to help you improve your profile, and increase your chances of getting noticed by clients:

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

It's not about the jobs I apply for , I do not even receive an invite for the job in my expertise.

How can I contact the customer support how to open a ticket or chat with them directly.

Hi Bharadhan,

You can reach out to our Customer Support by clicking on the Get Help button Here.
Please keep in mind that freelancers are shown on a rotating basis as well so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

But I am not getting any job invites according to my expertise or hired. can you please guide me on how to open a ticket. 

Bharadhan V wrote:

Do NOT contact Support because you are not getting invites or aren't hired. That would be a monumental waste of their (or your) time.

We are in the middle of a global pandemic, where the platform is flooded by people ho want to work online. This is not just new people, but also people who have switched from using Upwork as an occasional sideline to trying to make it their main income.

You're in a desperately overcrowded category (everyone and their hamster does Wordpress) and your profile is rather average (nothing "wrong" with it as such, but it doesn't stand out in any way either.

Hi Petra,

I am also facing the same issue. Even 100% Job Success rate I did not get any invite in the last one year. 

I am afraid there is something wrong with my profile details but not able to identify it. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Pawan

Upwork Freelancer

But i don't think Upwork is fair enough, I am not getting invitations for jobs. Upwork is not helpful anymore.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Receiving invitations is not a legal right or something, so please don't open a support ticket to complain about it. 

Sorry , I am asking because I think my profile is not getting visible in my expertise.

Bharadhan V wrote:

Sorry , I am asking because I think my profile is not getting visible in my expertise.

It is visible.

fca2cb0c
Community Member

I am also having the same issue.

I don't know if my profile is not visible anymore after getting my first job or something is wrong with my profile?

I need help please 

Hi Stephanie,

I know it can be disappointing when you don't receive invites from potential clients. Please know that you can also submit proposals for jobs that fit your skills and experiences. You'll also find a list of essential resources here.

Please check the following also for tips on how you can improve your profile and submit proposals:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members