🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I don't have a smart phone
Page options
nathanjwilliams
Community Member

I don't have a smart phone

The registration prompt informs me I need to enter a phone number in order to text me a security code. I don't own a smartphone. As a result the site is now unusable as the registration process appears to be frozen. Is there some way around this? Even my bank or paypal doesn't require me to own a smart phone to use their service. I'm guessing a landline is too primitive and they can't just call me and give me the security code?

43 REPLIES 43

Hi Walter,

We can accommodate for this situation. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist with your account verification. You'll get a notification about a support ticket being created shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
819feb1f
Community Member

I'd like to jump in to say I have the same problem. I am a dinosaur in that way but I only have a landline

Hi Dorian,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f1411d96
Community Member

I can recive text but dont have a smartphone. trying to do identity varification. Using the sent link on my computer doesnt work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members