🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have a client who wants to form a contr...
Page options
2a1b6e9b
Community Member

I have a client who wants to form a contract outside of upwork

I got an email about a proposal I have submited recently with a telegram link to communicate with the client. Here is the chat copied:

Me: Hi, I have received an email about accepting my proposal on the job  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Me: My I know more details about the job? Kindly looking forward to your reply

Me: Name is Mostafa Shaker, country: Egypt

**Edited for Community Guidelines**: You are welcome 🤗 **Edited for Community Guidelines** , it’s a pleasure having you here with us.

Me: Can I know more details about the project? If you please?

Me: Just keep in mind that it is not appropriate on Upwork to communicate outside of it until an official contract is formed, I should receive the contract first and then start discussing the project

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Due to our network problem here at upworks
We have our own organization and everything is under my companies view so you have to register under my companies consent not upwork. We just go to upwork to get freelancer workers like yourself

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

This client is NOT REQUIRED to use Upwork.

But if he wants to hire you, he must use Upwork.

He found you on Upwork. So...

If you were to work for this client outside of Upwork, that would be a serious TOS violation and you could be suspended or terminated from the platform for doing that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sofia2008
Community Member

If the client has a problem with Upwork, he should not use it.

Here is the help article to report.

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

prestonhunter
Community Member

This client is NOT REQUIRED to use Upwork.

But if he wants to hire you, he must use Upwork.

He found you on Upwork. So...

If you were to work for this client outside of Upwork, that would be a serious TOS violation and you could be suspended or terminated from the platform for doing that.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Yeah, he's a scammer. 

roberty1y
Community Member

He's just planning to steal your money. If you stay in contact with him, he'll ask you for a fee. If you pay it, you'll never hear from him again. You did the right thing by telling him you can't contact him outside of Upwork.

2a1b6e9b
Community Member

So, what should I do? What should I tell him?

Tell him that you are reporting him so Upwork can ban him. Also block him and stop communicating with him. He is a scammer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members