🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I received an email with a billing summary an...
Page options
marcomazza3d
Community Member

I received an email with a billing summary and I never hired anyone

Hi, I really need your help to understand why am I receiving an email from Upwork with a billing summary.(image 1)
I am a freelancer and never had a job offer until **Edited for Community Guidelines** sent me a message saying he wanted to work with me. (image 2) We agreed on creating an illsutration for him and he sent me a team´s invitation (which I thought it was a job contract due to my ignorance at that time -image-3). I create the illustration and he never open a contract to pay me for it (image-4). Now, I am receiving an email saying I have a bill for a job I didn´t create/open/agreed to do etc ect. I also see I have a client account under the name of **Edited for Community Guidelines** and that is NOT ME. I don´t want to be a part of it and I don´t want to have anything to do with this team/guy. What I should do.
Could you please help me?

Am I really being charged for anything?

Why?

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marco,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you joined your client's team. You may want to discuss this further with your client. You can also check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members