🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I've been asked to pay a REFUNDABLE LINKING F...
Page options
75072f5d
Community Member

I've been asked to pay a REFUNDABLE LINKING FEE ($50) by the client

Hello,  I have had a profile on Upwork for about one month. The first client sent me the details of the work by Telegram, I finished the job by the deadline that the client said. They said that they pay me when I sent the payment details to them. I sent it and they send me an email that confirms the payment. This is a text of the email that they sent to me:

HELLO DEAR EMPLOYEE

WE HAVE SUCCESSFULLY MADE YOUR

PAYMENT TO YOUR ACCOUNT YOU

SUBMITTED. WE NOTICED THAT YOUR

ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN LINKED TO OUR

COMPANY PAYMENT SERVER. YOU ARE

REQUIRED TO SUBMIT SOME DETAILS TO

PROCEED WITH THE LINKING.

NOTE: YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN SENT BUT

WOULD NOT REFLECT ON YOUR ACCOUNT

UNTIL YOU HAVE LINKED YOUR

ACCOUNT TO OUR PAYMENT SERVER

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT SOME

DETAILS BELLOW FOR LINKING TO BE

PROCESSED

1: SAMPLES OF PHOTO

2. PHONE NUMBER

3: DATE OF BIRTH

4: REFUNDABLE LINKING FEE ($50)

THE DETAILS ARE REQUIRED TO BE

SUBMITTED

THE COMPANY CHANGED COMPANY PAYMENT SERVER THAT'S WHY YOU ARE TO MAKE THIS REFUNDABLE FEE

When they send me the job details, they have not mention the refundable fee. What should I do? I hope to get an answer soon. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
spectralua
Community Member

It is not a company but scammer.

You have broke Upwork rules.

You worked for free and lost money if paid already. Also you can loose your account with ToS violation.

Study, read forum, read rules and dont repeat your fault again.

p.s. I copied that from post i have sent an 30 min ago. Why noone will read rules, what you thinking about?

All right. That means that only jobs and projects that should be accepted is from Upwork only. Not Telegram at all. Thank you for your answer.

Jelena T wrote:

All right. That means that only jobs and projects that should be accepted is from Upwork only. Not Telegram at all. Thank you for your answer.

Knowing that alone won't be enough to make it on Upwork. You violated more than one rule. You need to learn a lot more. Here is a link to a Community post. Read the main article at the top and follow and read all the links.

To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

1d31e8b3
Community Member

Same happen with me just now 

Please can you tell me if you paid the fee?

thanks

happens with mee first i paid €40 then they ask for more €50 then i sent €50 also

elisa_b
Community Member

Are you also going to make a third payment, or did you learn the lesson?

664ecfc9
Community Member

Hey Jenna!

I think the same company just contacted me through another freelance platform (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) and they send me the very same message. May I ask you which company contacted you in Telegram? Just to make sure that I'm not being scammed. 
And I'm sorry you've been through this!

It is dont matter, name is random.

e5a96308
Community Member

Thank God I came here before paying them I also got the same information from a client asking me about Linking fee  but won't listen to them anymore 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members