🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Idea for a search filter: Last viewed by clie...
Page options
paywell
Community Member

Idea for a search filter: Last viewed by client and/or Hires

Hello Upwork! 

Having started to search for a job to fill my free hours, I have stumbled upon an obstacle:

My saved jobs and especially my job search feed is full of posts, which were viewed more than a week ago.

By submitting a proposal, I run into a risk of spending connects without the proposal reaching the client. 

Hence, the idea for a search filter:

Right along "client spend", there should be an option to filter jobs last viewed by the client. 

This would open up old jobs, which are frequented by clients, even though they were posted weeks or even months ago.

I would also like to put the notion to discuss a "Hired" filter as well as to propose a feature to suspend jobs, which have met the amount of hires, indicated by the client prior to posting. 

I myself have stumbled upon jobs, where a hire has been made, but the client keeps viewing the posting regularly, although there is no indication that more than 1 freelancer is required for the job. 

So it would be great for him/her to indicate - if one hire is enough to fill the position or the job opening is ongoing, and more than one person is welcome to apply.

Those two initiatives would make it possible for freelancers to submit proposals to more jobs, matching their skill set.

They would consider submitting a proposal to an old job, posted months ago, which still remains valid, because the client is viewing the posting regularly.

Thank you for reading until the end, and I am thankful in advance for your valuable input!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Pavlo,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions with us! We'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Pavlo,

Thanks for sharing your suggestions with us! We'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
paywell
Community Member

Thanks, Andrea G! 

In addition to the idea: Upwork could probably introduce a "refresh posting" button for the client, moving it up in the search list. 

If the client spends connects on a job posting: maybe Upwork could charge a part of the cost for refreshing an old posting. 

I bet that many not Upwork-savvy clients believe, that their posting from last year should be doing as well as it did, when it was just submitted. But we know it doesn't (for the reasons, I have mentioned in my first post).

So there you have it - a solution for the client (to better post), the freelancer (to find more jobs) and for Upwork (to get them Connects flowing).

Cheers!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members