🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it possible to dispute my client's feedbac...
Page options
6f420b0a
Community Member

Is it possible to dispute my client's feedback?

Hi All, 

I'm new to Upwork, I took a TON of time to build a good profile and a nice job list. After weeks everything is just how I like it. One problem, my first feedback is 4 stars. 

My client gave one set of directions, I spent 3 hours doing the work. Then he changed the entire scope of the project. I was scared to death of my first review being bad, so I obliged and redid the work, another 3 hours of work even though the job was only for $60 job, but whatever.

The client then tried to change the entire scope of the project to something I cannot do and do not offer.

I apologized to the client, let him have the work, and refunded his funds. I even beat him to feedback and gave him 5 stars even though the client was really rough to work with, again because I'm terrified of a bad review, but he gave me 4 stars. 

Is there any recourse for this?

I'm already having a hard enough time trying to get orders because I'm brand new. Now I'm brand new at 4 stars.

Do I just give up and never log in to Upwork again? I'm not ever going to get another job on here. It looks terrible, and I did nothing wrong.

If anyone has any advice, I'd love the help.

I've learned my lession. I knew I shouldn't have worked with this guy.

Thank you,

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Mark M wrote:

Do I just give up and never log in to Upwork again? I'm not ever going to get another job on here. It looks terrible, and I did nothing wrong.

There is nothing to dispute and 4 stars with no words is really not worth any drama.

It's not as if it's 2 stars with a terrible written review, is it?

If for some irrational reason you really can't bear seeing it, refund the remaining $15 and the contract will vanish from your profile witout a trace (but its effect on your metrics/future job success score will remain).

6f420b0a
Community Member

Thank you Petra for talking me off the ledge.

I already refunded him the money. The contract is still showing, but I'll just cross my fingers that is falls off soon. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members