🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score dropped
Page options
9bf545e3
Community Member

Job Success Score dropped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

544 REPLIES 544
dfd90609
Community Member

My Jss is not calculating correct its showing 85% eventho all clients have given me 5 star rating.

johnstonspence28
Community Member

Hi All,

As of yesterday, my Job Success Score was 85%. When I logged on today to verify it, my JSS displayed as 58%. I currently have contracts on pause, however those do intend on being resumed. 

Unsure of how to proceed, please advise. 

Hi Spencer,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drop, but we're afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

Keeping contracts with no recent activity open will not affect your score negatively. If you have contracts that are still open, but no further work needs to be done, you can still consider asking your clients to close them or go ahead and close them yourself. Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not impact your score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nauyan
Community Member

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I want to raise an issue here that it has been a couple of months since I have been regularly working on Upwork and after fulfilling the required conditions I finally got a Job Sucess Score (JSS) of 100%. From thereon everything was going fine and I was at 6 weeks from the 16 required weeks to be eligible for a Top Rated Badge. However suddenly on 14th April 2024, I saw that my Job Success Score (JSS) had dropped from 100% to 78%. This was surprising for me because, since the time I started working on Upwork, all my projects have received a 5/5 rating and have always received positive feedback. In addition to this, I have not logged any hours in the month of April for hourly jobs and have not submitted any milestones for the fixed-priced jobs. Therefore I feel that is a mistake on Upwork's end to miscalculate my Job Sucess Score (JSS) and urge the team to rectify this mistake so that I can resume bidding on new projects and working on them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Nauyan

Hi Syed,

I'm sorry to learn about your score drop. We won't be able to go into detail on someone's score or how specific contracts have affected it. In general, your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
waqar_009
Community Member

I'm facing an issue. My Job Success Score (JSS) dropped from 100% to 83% due to a negative feedback on a low-budget fixed job. However, it's been over two weeks since I successfully completed a significant project and another fixed-budget project, both receiving 5-star ratings. Surprisingly, my JSS hasn't shown any improvement. I'm at a loss on how to resolve this matter.

Hi Waqar,

We won't be able to comment on someone's score or how specific contracts affect it. In general, your JSS can change because: 

- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Seems like Algorithm works like that nowadays...negative instantly count but 4-5 positive feedback nothing affect...even though they want to rehire so why the6 will give poor private feedback...I couldn't get logic behind this as far I know technical parameters 

a681ca7b
Community Member

I had a contract and completed the client work. But he has cancelled the contract by mistake and was willing to pay me. Later creating dispute I have received my payment but job success score has been dropped. What mistake did I make? It was client fault to cancel contract, so why did this happen to me?

No your fault here. Upwork dont care about feedbacks (if no ToS violation there) and never fixing mistakes. Client can edit feedback to positive but your JSS dropped with no rollback. Sorry, but as-is.

ca94e080
Community Member

Hi,I don't just know what happened, initially, before now,I've gotten from a client who doesn't really knows what he wants, proposing I make sketches for five different thumbnails for $5 and I totally disagreed with that.

At the end,he asked for a refund of his money,all that is gone though and I've gotten new jobs now and I've been doing well with all my clients but now I'm seeing a JSS ot 50% on my profile! I don't really understand this and I want to believe it's really a mistake. Please help adjust it,I currently have a 4.6 :glowing_star: rating on my profile 

Hi somuyiwa i viewed your profile and all can say  is there is no glitch your problem may be due to a bad review from your client and maybe your previous clients were satisfied but did not leave any review or comment and bad reviews can affect your jss and i suggest sfter you complete a job or contract yoy can ask the client to leave any vomment or review on how he/she was satisfied with the project to enhance your Jss score.

Of course not...... I thuoght you said you viewed my profile? You should have seen i have two completed and two in progress, Out of the two completed, I have a 4.6 Star rating on one and no review on the other, so what could have caused it? Its definiately not because of a bad review!

mohamd-wagih
Community Member

I always have been 100% success score and top rated, I got a job which I done good at, and got 5 stars review but my score dropped to 91%, I don't know why. further my job score is decresing to 89% even I didn't got any jobs or contracts.

Is that normal? if yes, what should I do?

I am very disapointed about that, and I fear my future in upwork will have difficults due to that. 

Hi Mohamed,

I’m sorry to hear about the change in your score. I want to clarify that your JSS can change because:

~ Luiggi
Upwork
reyjay79
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I hope that you are doing well. May I know why it is my JSS was decreased?  There's no Bad feedback and rate star and yet it was decreasing. Before my JSS was 98% and now it was 94%. Can you help me to increase it?. Thank you

Hi Rey,

I'm sorry to learn about your score drop. I'm afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can have an impact on your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lakshmanan88
Community Member

My JSS dropped to 93%, but I received 5 stars from all my clients, So May I know reason for the decline of my JSS.

Private feedbacks not 10\10. You cannot see whats there.

how to I contact upwork support team?

a681ca7b
Community Member

I had a contract and completed the client work. But he has cancelled the contract by mistake and was willing to pay me. Later creating dispute I have received my payment but job success score has been dropped. What mistake did I make? It was client fault to cancel contract, so why did this happen to me?

I'm experiencing the same thing! Moreover, this morning I received an email informing me that I received negative feedback, but I only have one job open at the moment and I've already received feedback on all the others! I contacted customer service but I'm not solving this problem!

Can you let me know how to email customer support or how to open ticket?

Go to contact support and touch Chat with support. You can write that you want to open a ticket.

d3addb54
Community Member

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if the same thing is happening to you, but out of the blue, I found my job success rate dropped from 100% to 78% (I should mention I have 5-star ratings on my jobs). This morning, I received an email stating that I received negative feedback from a client, but the thing is, right now I'm only working with one client who hasn't closed the job yet, and furthermore, they told me they liked how it was done! I've contacted customer service, but they're not providing me with comprehensive answers, and this is making me feel frustrated because I see my job success rate dropping without knowing why! Is anyone else experiencing a similar situation?

Hi Simona,

I am sorry to hear about the drop in your JSS. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ff701c85
Community Member

My client sent Me the offer, and I accepted. When I did deep research, I told him that I was not good for it. I couldn't do this. After he ended the contract. I never charged a single minute so why my JSS went down?  It went from 100 to 93. Is it fair? Or do I need to submit a ticket?

The client may have given bad private feedback which could drop the JSS.

If I have never logged into any hour(didn't start work) and the client ended the contract so can he give private feedback? or does it affect JSS?

ca8fab28
Community Member

Dear Upwork support team,

My JSS has been drop to 90 from 100 without any reason, there is no review from the client since more than one month and there was no job closed either , could you please look into this matter as this is affecting my profile and reputation 

Regards 

Hi Abdul Wahab,

I'm sorry to learn about the drop in your score. Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can impact your overall score. 

Also, your Job Success Score is updated every two weeks, and it's important to note that any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a more extended period of time. Because we look at trends over 24 months, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

You may want to check this article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
923bb878
Community Member

Hi guys, someone please explain to me why my profile mysteriously changed from a good standing of 100 down to 84% after all the work I've done maintaining long-term clients and being on this platform earning my hard-earned coin for almost four years now, it's funny I mean you eat up my connects and now this, locking me out on getting Legal job invites, it's just not right.

Hi Mary,

We can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e51aa538
Community Member

Hello Community,

I'm relatively new to this platform unlike most of the people. Last month, I got a project to work on which was really well for me and I earned the Top Rated badge as well last week.

Then suddenly client got upset over the hours I logged for this week and the last one. I didn't want to offend to client and wanted to overdeliver on the project but still, I said to the client that if she wasn't happy with my logged hours then I'd remove them and she could just pay for half the hours for the last week.

She filed a dispute against me and also gave me bad private feedback (although public feedback is 5 stars), which stripped my Top Rated badge yesterday and my JSS came all the way down to 42% from 100%.

As I'm new to this platform, I have no idea what to do at this point. I reassured the client so many time that I'm willing to refund the money for the whole project as well but please do not give me a bad review but she did anyway.

It's really stressful for me at this point and I'd really appreciate the help from the community that I can do to make sure my profile gets restored again.

Thank you. Best regards

m_tariq_shaheen
Community Member

Job success score on Upwork drastically decreased from 100% to 60%

I am worried about my job success score on Upwork. It has drastically decreased from 100% to 60%, even though I have not received any negative reviews or cancellations on my profile. I am putting in my best efforts and maintaining my quality of service. Please review my profile and check if there are any miscalculations.

Recently, I ended two contracts myself because both contracts were completed, but the clients did not end them. I am concerned that this may have affected my job success score. One of the contracts was fixed price, and the other was hourly. Since the latter was inactive for a long time, I ended it and marked it as completed. Both contracts were completed, but the clients did not end them.

Could you please fix this issue and let me know if there is anything else I can do to improve my job success score?

9132f044
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Rimsha Arshad, and I am an active and Top-rated freelancer on the Upwork platform. Recently, I encountered a situation that has significantly impacted my Job Success Score (JSS), and I am seeking clarification and resolution.

Background:

• In February, I assisted a client who believed there was an issue with their Manychat account as I'm Manychat Expert.
  • After thorough investigation during our meeting, I discovered that the issue actually stemmed from their Facebook account, which required support from Facebook directly.
  • I provided a detailed explanation to the client, along with my sincere apologies, and advised them to open a support ticket with Facebook.
  • The client was cooperative and understanding throughout the process. She inquired about my consultation fee, paid $50 for half an hour, but did not end the job.

Recent Development:

• In April, I proactively reached out to the same client, requesting the closure of our contract and encouraging them to leave positive feedback if satisfied.
  • To my surprise, my Job Success Score decreased by 6% shortly after a client left a 4.2 rating even though it wasn't my fault.
  • Despite my diligent efforts and commitment to maintaining a top-rated status, this decline was unwarranted and detrimental to my profile.

Request for Review:

• I kindly request a review of this situation. It is crucial that my JSS accurately reflects my performance and dedication.
  • I believe in fairness and transparency, and I trust that Upwork will consider the context and merits of my case.

Hard Work and Commitment:

• As a freelancer, I have invested countless hours and unwavering effort to provide exceptional service to my clients.
  • Upholding my reputation and ensuring client satisfaction are my top priorities.

Appeal for Justice:

• I implore Upwork to reevaluate my JSS and rectify any inaccuracies.
  • Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I eagerly await your response and remain committed to delivering outstanding work within the Upwork community.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration.

Best regards,

Rimsha Arshad 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01192e830bc14b2599

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I will save your time: forgot. Upwork won't care about that. But if you want long useless discuss with bots then go ahead.

Few things: 

Encouraging to leave positive feedback - it is ToS violation also will lead to negative feedback. Never do that.

Edited feedback wont rollback your JSS. Even you succeed and force client to 5 stars it will change nothing.

Thank you for your valuable tips. What should I do now? It wasn't my fault, but it still had a negative impact on my profile.

You can use your Toprated perk to remove feedback. No other ways.

etaranov
Community Member

Hi support,

Hi,

I only have 5 stars feedbacks on my proflile for  3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month contracts history.

But  my JSS still displayed as 67%!

WHY??

Also maybe my client with contract id 34662367 filled wrong private feedback rating, and he told me that he set 5 stars too.

anyway, if my JSS was updated to 67% with $200 contract, can you please remove private feedback and update my JSS. You can check all my messages with client.

cause its nightmare have 4000+ hours ($100k+ earnings) here with positive feedbacks and now JSS is 67%(

please help asap

Thank you so much, support!

Its very important for me at this moment!

Regards.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members