🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score dropped
Page options
9bf545e3
Community Member

Job Success Score dropped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

544 REPLIES 544
aaronjnichols77
Community Member

Hey everybody! I've been on Upwork for two months now, and in that time have worked with six clients. Four of them have left me five star reviews, and two of them are still ongoing contracts. My JSS was just calculated for the first time, and is sitting at 76%. I don't understand what happened if I have four perfect five-star reviews! Can someone help me shed some light on this? 

at429910
Community Member

Hello,

My JSS was 84 % last two weeks ago and in that week I've got 5 star review from my client and the JSS drops to 78% which is weird. Could you tell me what is going on my JSS calculation?

Hi Atul,

The star ratings are determined by clients' feedback and the size of the projects. However, the Job Success scores are a more comprehensive representation of a freelancer's reputation. It takes into account not only the feedback received from the public, but also the feedback shared privately, the strength of long-term relationships, the possibility of being rehired, and even the contracts that didn't lead to actual work delivery.The aim is to capture a wider range of information that may not be reflected in the star rating or profile. To learn more about JSS, please click here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
guntin_manuel
Community Member

I have checked my performance and somehow it says below 90%

I think its a mistake, since I had very few jobs and all went well.

Can someone help me from support?

Thanks!

I also want help on this issue. My job success dropped to 88% and even though I just got good feedback and scores. I don't understand why.I would like to get support too.

Hi Manuel and Imran,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your scores. We're afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. In general, your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score, outweighing lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article. Keep up the fantastic work!

~ Arjay
Upwork
crart
Community Member

Arjay M wrote:
- A higher-value job is added to your score, outweighing lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article. Keep up the fantastic work!

Why are there still two feedback types present if it clearly doesn't serve its purpose, to put it more clearly for UW narrow minds: if the feedback serves the purpose of showing freelancer's/client's performance on the platform, and this score is publicly visible, only public feedback should be present, no hidden nonsense. You know, transparency in business and making informed decision. Currently I cannot be sure the client is really good/really bad because I have no knowledge about all factors counting towards their overall score.

Higher-value jobs - do you realize how hard is to get any job on this messy platform right now? There are many low-value jobs that serve as test jobs, when the client simply wants to find the right person so they pay lower per one-time task (I'm not talking about $5 "jobs" because most of them are scams that you fully embrace obviously since there is no remedy for a long time). This is still job done and while it doesn't bring a lot to the platform, it does provide opportunity for both clients and freelancers. Why not every job completed is calculated?

Last thing is this nonsense (yes, there is a lot of nonsense at UW overall) with "time frame". We are not your employees and we are not bound by any rules that say we must work 24/7/365. People take breaks you know, people have longer term contracts during which time they don't take other projects. People get sick at times and they don't work. And this works against them for unknown reason, which I am trying to find for years, sadly no response from UW, no logical answer. There should be no time frame for contracts but amount of recent contracts considered for JSS. If you start pushing quantity over quality, you have a mess of a once good platform UW became.

59a0856f
Community Member

One of my clients mistakenly gave a low rating. Then he corrected it to 5 stars.

I had thought that my JSS will show some signs of recovery, but no! It is still at 97% after update cycle. What is going on? Is this some kind of bug?

It is frustrating for someone like me who strives to meet and, most times, exceed my clients' expectations. I had expected my JSS to reflect my efforts and my clients' rating of my work, as I have been rehired by a few of them.

Maybe someone with more experience can help me out. I am missing out on some jobs due to this.

In my knowledge JSS works mostly based on the private review. 
The client might have given you a good public review, but ofcourse there is no way to know what was the private review. 

28e91a1a
Community Member

I recommend reaching out to your platform's support team to inquire about the change in your Job Success Score. They can provide insights into the calculation and address any discrepancies.

black-abbath
Community Member

I've been here for two years and I can't get this JSS at all, because I don't get a job. and I don't get a job because there is no rating (including, of course). some kind of vicious circle... 😒 spending connects to nowhere.

2dd885ba
Community Member

Hi, I am very confused. We finish jobs (as an agency) with 5-star reviews, but our score decreases every week. I would love to understand why this happens. Is there something that we are missing? We have very few customers who didn't give any feedback and some jobs on which we are still working. Does that have to do with that?

Thank you in advance, Cristina

Hi Cristina,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drop. We're afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Factors such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients can impact your overall score. You may want to check this article to learn more.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
efe7d1ed
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I am not happy at all.

Some days ago one of my clients gave me 3.2 rating on a job and my Job success rate went to 70%

But afterwards the misconception got cleared and client gave me 4.5 rating and changed his feedback but you are saying to me that Job success rate can not be changed

That's not fair at all.

Poor experience

Hi Haroon,

I am sorry to hear about the rating left by the client. I would like to clarify that the star ratings are based on public feedback left by clients at the end of a contract as well as the size of those projects. Job Success scores more accurately represent a freelancer’s reputation by taking additional details indicating client satisfaction into consideration. This includes private and public feedback, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that do not result in work delivered. The goal is to capture a breadth of information not necessarily reflected in your star rating or profile. The private feedback cannot be edited after it is submitted by the client. You can learn more about JSS here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
e9b08198
Community Member

Hi everybody

I have a 5-star rating and good recommendations for all my closed jobs, but my job success score is 94%!

Can somebody help me to find out why it's happening?

Thanks all

Hi Mojtaba,

Job Success Scores reflect many factors, such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.
~ Joanne
Upwork
d05f91b0
Community Member

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 68% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 10th, it was 68%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to high score and I believe there's been a mistake.

What do I do?

Hello Artur,

I'm sorry to learn about the drop in your score. I'm afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Many factors are considered when calculating your JSS, such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients. Additionally, your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d05f91b0
Community Member

I have completed 2 jobs successfully and then I earned 250$.

Could you let me know why JSS don't increase? 

3becbf66
Community Member

I am shocked to see 4% decrease in my JSS despite receiving a 5 star rating on a recent project. Please check and let me know why my JSS has dropped suddenly. It's a shock to me. I was not expecting it. In fact, i was expecting an increase in my JSS.

Hi Insha,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. Your JSS can change because:

- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
3becbf66
Community Member

I didn't receive any negative feedback during the past two weeks. I received one positive feedback. I wonder how has my JSS still gone down.

991d4b30
Community Member

Hi Upwork.

I noticed my JSS keep REDUCING. I have no negative public feedback so I don't know if I have a negative feedback that might be affecting my JSS from 100 to 98 then from 98 to 93 and suddenly now in 92% today. Please clarify me on this. 

Thanks 

Hi Oluchukwu,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. Your JSS can change because:

We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
4cac1078
Community Member

My Job Success Score has reduced to 80% from 90%. Although I didnt ended a contract or got any review in the last 14 days. Kindly checkout this problem.

Regards,

Meerab S.

Hi Meerab,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. Your JSS can change, even if you haven't recently completed any contracts. In general, your score can change because:

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

Mine too has dropped down. I am shocked. Despite the fact that i received five star rating, it is a shock to me that my JSS has dropped.

3becbf66
Community Member

I am not able to understand why my JSS dropped. I know about the factors that can lead to decrease in JSS but I don't see any of the factors that has led to decrease in my JSS.

3becbf66
Community Member

I am really disappointed seeing decrease in my JSS although i have not received any negative feedback during the past two weeks. However, I did end a few contracts that were idle without any activity for the past many months, could that be the reason of the decrease in my JSS

56c1d2ae
Community Member

I am really disappointed seeing decrease in my JSS from 71% to 43% although I have not received any negative feedback during the past two weeks. However, I am working on some project which is not completed yet. Still my JSS has dropped from 71% to 43%. Please clarify on this. 

Even my JSS has gone down although i received no negative feedback in the past two weeks.

8dd7a0ab
Community Member

Hi there! I've just found out that my first JSS is just 64%, which is incorrect because I have only 5-star reviews, but I had 2 contracts with one client that were successfully completed but the client disappeared and doesn't answer my messages anymore. He left no review as well, which affected the score. Could you please clarify what I can do with that? Thanks in advance 

Hi Mykyta,

We won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Many factors are considered when calculating your JSS, such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients. Additionally, your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. You can find more information about how JSS is calculated in this article.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your response. I want to clarify if an ended contract without a rating affects the JSS. Also, is it fair that one ghosted client can ruin all my efforts?

etaranov
Community Member

Hi,

I only have 5 stars feedbacks on my proflile for  3-, 6-, 12- and 24-month contracts history.

But today I found that my JSS was calculate and now its displayed as 67%!

WHY??

please help asap

Thank you.

Hi Evgeniy,

Star ratings are based on public feedback left by clients at the end of a contract as well as the size of those projects. Job Success scores more accurately represent a freelancer’s reputation by taking additional details indicating client satisfaction into consideration. This includes private and public feedback, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that do not result in work delivered. The goal is to capture a breadth of information not necessarily reflected in your star rating or profile. You can learn more about JSS here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
769c120f
Community Member

Dear Support Team,

I am trying my best to increase my JOB Sucess Score. I have completed 16 Project after my First Drop from 100% to 98% on 9 August 2023. My most of project have good feedback and 5 Star. This is 3rd time i am writing this problem to support Team. Now yesterday my JOB Sucess Score Again drop from 98 to 96% i donot know why. I completed Two projects in last two week both have good feeback. This is my request please look into this matter & advice me how i can increase my Job Success Score Quickly.

I always recieve excellent answer and solution from upwork team. This is my request please look into this matter very carefully. please view my attached last two week project review. I will be very thankful for your excellent support.

regards

Muhammad waheed 

Hi Muhammad,

Star ratings are a simple way to show how clients rated your work after each contract, but they don't capture the full picture of your reputation. Job Success scores are a more comprehensive measure of your performance, as they consider various factors that indicate client satisfaction. These include both public and private feedback, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that result in work delivered. The aim is to reflect a range of information that may not be visible in your star rating or profile. You can learn more about JSS here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Okay Got It.Thank you very much for reply.

Thanks

Best Regards

Muhammad Waheed

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members