🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lot of Spammers for posting Job on Upwork
Page options
avinay_web
Community Member

Lot of Spammers for posting Job on Upwork

Today I saw in upwork there is lot of spammers who just post a job and nothing they do 

I really want to look upwork team please stop them because Freelancers think thi sis new client and he is posting job so Freelancers try to boost more and more their BID to get this job and spend liek 60+ connects fo rsingel job, but at last they found that there is no message or nothing else and Freelancers lost connects 

so please stop them 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Avinay,

I understand your frustration, and I want to assure you that our Trust & Safety team is fully aware of the issue. They are actively working to address all the concerns, especially the increasing number of scam posts and the ever-changing tactics used by scam accounts. Upwork takes this matter seriously and is fully committed to ensuring the safety of both clients and freelancers on the platform.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep,

Yes, it's true that lots of spamers here and I really apprriciate if you are taking action against them

tjmisny
Community Member

PradeepH - This is has been an ongoing concern for years and nothing is changing.  If anything, it's getting worse.  More effort is seemingly spent censoring harmless posts in here than promptly removing spam/scam posts from the main site.  

As Thomas mentioned, this has been going on for years and it keeps on getting worse.

I will make a suggestion, for what it's worth. Why not have a code sent to the job poster/applicant phone or email? Our bank, phone company and other online platforms do this. The reason: to eliminate scammers and bolster security.

I am not with experience in the Internet operations. Others I have spoken with tell me it should be doable.

That is something you can get to work on...right now.  

Your platform is swirling down the abyss. 

khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Mostly bots

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members