🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low JSS
Page options
7a057797
Community Member

Low JSS

Hello, I was working on Upwork for about 2 months, having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

- How can I overcome this problem as it destroyed my profile, reaching out to new clients became hard (I only have two long term clients, who came before this problem, how can I harness them to overcome the problem)

Thanks in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3a49d474
Community Member

...having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Public feedback does not affect JSS. But the private feedback does. Your JSS is low because the clients(Probably the projects ended with 4.5 and 4.7 stars) haven't given you good private feedback.  

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score 

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

No

View solution in original post

641 REPLIES 641

Hi Jweel,

I'm sorry if no changes were made to your score as you expected. Please allow me to explain. We update the score that you see on your profile on a biweekly basis. You may also see your Job Success score change due to the rolling time window over which the score is calculated.

Because your score is calculated over multiple time frames and the best score from your 6-month, 12-month, and 24-month JSS displayed, a contract can sometimes slip out of that calculation, causing your score to change significantly without any recent activity. For example, a contract will no longer be counted in your 6-month window once it is six months and one day old. Check out this help article to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

~ Arjay
Upwork
katieugland
Community Member

Hello,

I recently had a bad experience with a client and as a result by job success score is 76%. I am now worried I will not find new clients with this score. Has anyone experienced something similar and have any suggestions? Will I still be able to get new clients? How bad in reality is a 76?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members