🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My profile doesn't appear in search resul...
Page options
randy_mauldin
Community Member

My profile doesn't appear in search results post EVT badge

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randy, 

As noted by Valeria here and here, search results will vary depending on who searches and the time of the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks. That way we want to make sure that every professional gets a chance to be discovered and every client finds what they are looking for.

I tried looking you up by adjusting my keywords with a non-enterprise client account, and you came up first in the search results if I use "Randy" + a section of your profile title. 
Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.05.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.05.08 AM.png

There are also a good number of freelancers on Upwork who have "Digital Marketing Expert" in their profile title. You may want to try updating your profile title to something more unique but still stays true to your skills and experience. 

As for your search result with the EVT badge, are you able to share a screen grab for this so that we can send it to the team to be investigated further?

~ Avery
Upwork

I've also experienced a decline in invitations since getting the EV badge back in July (but I've never done any in-depth searches or analysis like you have), and I've only received one invitation that was a direct result of being in the programme. I also completely agree with you about the overall uselessness of the search results. It's one thing to rotate the results and give everyone a chance, but it's a disservice to clients, forcing them to slog through page after page of unsuitable freelancers, many of whom don't even provide the skill being searched for.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members