Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF forms are getting WIPED

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 16

Valeria K wrote:

I'd like to circle back here and provide an update. In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious.  I

It also removes editing (tracked changes)

Considering how many proofreaders and editors there are, that's terrifying.

We submit work and have *NO* idea what the hell Upwork does to what we submit.

We have no idea if the client sees what we sent.

The filter strips stuff we are paid to be there.

And to do it without anyone being any the wiser (until a client goes ballistic because they didn't get what they paid for because Upwork decided to covertly remove it)  is all wrong, as Rene pointed out.

If Upwork is going to insist on **bleeping up** my files, I need an immediate warning so I can send the client what they paid me to do for them some other way.

I totally get and support why Upwork does this, but please, just tell us if and when something we did send is being changed in any way.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 16

Petra R wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

I'd like to circle back here and provide an update. In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious.  I

WHAAAAT?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 16

Rene K wrote:

WHAAAAT?

not always, but it has done that in the past.

Point was: If Upwork make any changes to a submitted something, the user **MUST** be notified.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
14 of 16

I stopped sending edited/ redlined documents via Upwork months ago.  It does, indeed, remove all the editing.  I use my email or Dropbox to submit those.

Ace Contributor
Clark K Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
15 of 16

Does Upwork intend to officially announce that freelancers can no longer deliver finished files to their clients via upload on the message board. Or was this annoucemnt made already and I missed it? I send PDFs to clients and parts are missing, or I send files and the client's browser won't open them because of "dangerous content."

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 16

Hi Clark,

I'm sorry about the incovience this had caused you. Could you please send me a PM with more details like your client name and the file name so that our team can investigate it further? Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS