🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Reason for JSS decrease
Page options
Amanuel T Community Member

Reason for JSS decrease

My JSS was 90% last week and in that week I've got 5 star review from my client and the JSS drops to 84% which is weird. Could you tell me what is going on my JSS calculation?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Amanuel,

Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

500 REPLIES 500
Alda R Community Member

Can someone please check my profile? Why do I have 86% job success store when I got 5 star reviews for every job that I had? And how can I fix it and make it 100% again??

Petra R Community Member

Alda R wrote:Why do I have 86% job success store when I got 5 star reviews for every job that I had?

Stars are irrelevant. You had poor private feedback from someone.

Alda R wrote:

And how can I fix it and make it 100% again??

It won't go back to 100% until at least 6 months after the contract that dropped it ended, but you can get over 90% (which is what counts) pretty easily by getting great feedback on contracts going forward.

Alda R Community Member

Yes but noone wrote me a bad review, that's why I am shocked that my job success is 86%. I only have 5 star reviews... 

Petra R Community Member

Alda R wrote: I only have 5 star reviews... 

Clients on Upwork tend to leave 5 stars by default, even if they really didn't like working with the freelancer, The *average* star rating is 4,9... As I said above, as far as the JSS is concerned, the stars are meaningless. What couns is the private feedback.

Alda R Community Member

How can my clients leave a private feedback, I mean what are the steps so I can ask them to do that since they are still working with me and they are happy with my work.. 

Alda R Community Member

Also the feedbacks are all positive! 

Petra R Community Member

Alda R wrote:

Also the feedbacks are all positive! 

You had poor PRIVATE feedback. You can't see that.

Alda R Community Member

Can someone please check my profile? Why do I have 86% job success store when I got 5 star reviews for every job that I had? And how can I fix it and make it 100% again?? 

Jeet P Community Member

Great day, 

This is regarding to the issue i face right now my Job Sucess Score got from 91%  to 74%  please check it I think there is some mistake because i have not done anything wrong please i am dependant on it.

Thanks

Gagandeep S Community Member

Hi All, I want to confirm few things here if any body can share his/her feedback please share:

My JSS was 74 once and I make it 91 with my some skills and hard work. I waited 4+ months to get near to make 13/16 weeks with 90+ JSS. 

But I am back to 86 now at 12/16 weeks. I believe it is due to my one client who didn't pay in 3 months or 2 clients got cancelled due to some reasons (without paying-full refund).

Please confirm if I need to wait for another 3+ months to get back to 13/16 or it will be in a week if I make my JSS 90+ again in 2 weeks? 

Mate K Community Member

Hello, I recently noticed that my job success rate dropped from 100% to 69%. It's very strange, since I never failed my job, I have only 5 stars from all my clients. I never even had a bad experience with clients. What should I do? I tried reaching out to Upworks customer support but haven't got any response to that.

Anneli K Community Member

Clients leave also private feedback. Must have something to do with that. 

Mate K Community Member

But why would they rate me 5 star and write very positive description then, plus I always delivered within given timeframe. I don't understand. Is this reversable, or is my career on upwork doomed?

Anneli K Community Member

Have all your clients left public feedback? Is there someone (or more) who hasn't and may have left bad private feedback?

Also, there are clients, who leave positive public feedback but for a reason only they know, leave poor private feedback. I had a client who left poor public feedback, but good private feedback. She told me that... 

So there are all sorts of people, whom I don't understand.

No, your career is not doomed. But it sure takes time.

Hira S Community Member

I have completed 5 jobs so far on Upwork. All of them have 5 stars. Last week I was hired by a client, but then our timings didn't match so he ended the contract without any work or any amount paid. And didn't give me any feedback. 
My JSS has dropped from 100% to 73% which is just awful. 
Can someone explain this? 

Martina P Community Member

Either the client left you bad private feedback because he was unhappy how the contract ended, or some or all clients didn't leave perfect private feedback, or a combination of both.  It's always private feedback. 

Yuri G Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get your help as I've recently received a 5-star rating from a long-term client, but did no change to my JSS score, while the last time, I didn't receive any negative feedback, but decreased my JSS from 92 %to 87%

How does this work?

Axel G Community Member

no one cares in this platform about your JSS is a poor system they have to size your value as person, and when the system lower your rates, its more hard to get good contract with clients, for example if you complete 100 jobs with 5 stars you get a 100% succes job, but if you fail your contract #101 for any reason, automatically they lower your rates to half or less, and if you get one contract with a poor review, that review will kick and spit into your other 5 stars contracts, and make your success job rate at 75% and thats all you will need magic to get new clients. this people dont care they only care to take take money every time you get contract. i hope you this info will help you to understand this platform and his policy.  

Axel G Community Member

I have a problem that has affected me and my proposals for contracts with clients, also an evident drop in my project invitations, thanks to your success rate calculator, it cannot be possible that during all this time that I have been here in upwork the percentage has dropped to 76% on 3 different occasions, the technical service is useless because they put a robot to solve your problems by mail, am, I don't care how many times they send me the article so that I can read how they calculate the percentage, the point is that of all my 33 contracts I only have 4 incomplete due to problems with the client, which in theory is a percentage and according to the same words of those from technical support, "the feedback dont affect the calculates of percentage ". Well, it's the third time the same thing happens to me. I'm at 90%-100% and it suddenly drops to 76%, which seems disrespectful to me, because first it affects my new contracts, the clients who enter my profile see that I have there are contracts where clients do not leave feedback, invitations to new contracts disappear completely, I have spent 240 connects and not a single interview has been given to me, so just as they charge me every time I close a contract with a client for what At least they should have a decent technical service that helps freelancers to solve their problems. and not having a robot explain things to you that are not true, like we were **Edited for Community Guidelines** 5-year-olds. It is evident that I do not know if it is only with my profile but the JSS is really useless, which by the way if we are going to talk about percentages 76% 33 = 25, this means that I should have at least 7- 8 failed contracts to be able to to have that irrational percentage, which by the way is not that it falls a little or only a specific %, that is, they directly send me 76%, which I suppose is the minimum range. Now I need to solve this because they are deliberately wasting my time and money

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hector T Community Member

I had a job a while back wherein I missed a deadline. I also remember one unsatisfied customer. This customer rehired me and gave positive feedback thereafter. In comparison to my satisfied customers seems negligible. Anyhow, my score continues to drop despite a recent positive review for a relatively large contract. What gives?

Petra R Community Member

Hector T wrote: Anyhow, my score continues to drop despite a recent positive review for a relatively large contract. What gives?

Private feedback

Khuram H Community Member

I don't know every 2 weeks my job score decrease by 10% without any reason, even that I have won good rating and also working with a long-term client. Then why did my job score decrease?

Petra R Community Member

Khuram H wrote: Then why did my job score decrease?

poor private feedback.

Khuram H Community Member

i only 40$ work on the last client and big job score decrease as compare of the client amount

Mümin Celal P Community Member

Hi,

My JSS is 100% yesterday but it is 73% today. I don't have any negative feedback. Could you explain to me why my JSS is like that?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members