Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for JSS decrease

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
771 of 917

Keval G wrote:

I have already completed 5 jobs with 3 different clients then I could not get JSS in my profile,

You only have 3 closed contracts with feedback, only one is 5 stars. You are actually currently better off with your Rising Talent status, which you will lose when you eventually get a JSS. As the JSS is only recalculated every two weeks, the earliest you could get one is Sunday 30th of May, if you manage to complete a couple more contracts by then. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
772 of 917

Ingelise Kirsten B wrote:

I had a perfect 100% score and still in my reviews have, but now suddenly since yesterday it dropped to 86% and when I go to successcore I also do not see any longterm customers in there, why is this and what happened?

How can I get it back up?

It looks like both your long-term clients closed their contracts earlier this year. Maybe they are no longer considered long-term once you aren't still receiving payments from them? So in January  X% of your total client base was long-term and now it's 0%? (Just a theory.) 

Also, since you have so few reviews total, each one will have more impact.And, that impact mostly comes from the private feedback which is similar to a net promoter score. (No one's exactly sure what number clients have to select for it to have a positive effect on JSS. However, NPS usually looks at 8 or higher on a scale of 1 to 10.) To get an idea of  your private feedback rating, you can look at your "would recommend" percentage. JSS often tracks this percentage pretty closely. 

nabila_pervaiz
Nabila Pervaiz B Member Since: Mar 23, 2021
773 of 917

Hi Tonya, 

I checked my "Would recommend" is 100% but my JSS is 93%. Why so?

petra_r
Community Guru
774 of 917

Nabila Pervaiz B wrote:

Hi Tonya, 

I checked my "Would recommend" is 100% but my JSS is 93%. Why so?

Because the "would recommend" only updates every several contracts, likely 5.

raf65
Raf S Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
775 of 917

Hi All

I haven't been with upwork for too long but recently made Top Rated Plus. However last week I noticed that my JSS score dropped from 100% to 94%. 

As far as I'm aware I have had no issues with clients who have given me 5* feedback.

Is there any reason for this drop? - I read somewhere that it could be client's private feedback which has affected it, although I'm not aware of any conflicts during any of my assignments which could have provoked this?

Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Raf

malik_ali_haider
Malik Ali H Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
776 of 917

Hi,
The job score of my agency has decreased to 96% from 100% whereas all the jobs accomplished so far has 5 star rating. Kindly look into it and someone let me know what went wrong? Is it from my side?

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Guru
777 of 917

Malik Ali H wrote:

The job score of my agency has decreased to 96% from 100% whereas all the jobs accomplished so far has 5 star rating. Kindly look into it and someone let me know what went wrong? Is it from my side?

Stars are irrelevant. It's the private feedback that matters.

Someone left not-so-great private feedback.

sonya-talukder
Sonia T Member Since: Mar 19, 2020
778 of 917
I have updated 2300 contact and email addresses and submitted the work for payment. But my client added some additional updates and told me to redo. I said then it will be more costly and time consuming. Hearing this without telling me anything she canceled the contract and blocked me. Now how this cancellation will affect my job success score and what about the payment which is in escrow now? I worked very hard for 12 days for updating 2300 contacts.
sonya-talukder
Sonia T Member Since: Mar 19, 2020
779 of 917
I didn't get any feedback or didn't do any project but my JSS has become 94% to 84% why? One of my 5 star rating feedback has become more than 6 month older. Is that can be a reason for this or anything else? Recently one of my client cancel the order but she canceled it after my JSS became 84%.so what can be the reason? Please help me with your wise advices.
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
780 of 917

Hi Sonia,

The client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. Here's the help article for more information. 

As for your JSS, it can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your JSS can change because:

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • A higher-value job is added to your score, and outweighs lower-value jobs.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS