🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund on worked project.
Page options
finder3suvas
Community Member

Refund on worked project.

Hay there,

The Upwork Help and support center mixed up me crazy to reach out with an issue to the support team. So I'm wiring here about that.

A month ago, I have started a fixed contract on logo + packaging (logo $20 and packaging $40). I have completed the logo at that time but didn't send the logo file that time. Because we agreed to send them all files after completing the packaging. Then the client took the time to send me the packaging dieline & requirement. They wanted to send it to me later. I have waited for it.

Yesterday, they came back and want a full refund. They said, they no longer need the logo and packaging. But I have asked, as I worked on the logo, they should release the logo price to me.

When I requested to release the logo $20 and get a refund of $40 for packaging. They blackmail me, to leave bad feedback.

I'm new here. Only worked on a few projects. So I don't know what I need to do now. Isn't upwork fair for that type of issue? I badly need to know about that result. Have anyone there who can help me out? Thanks!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Suvas,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the client. You can now either approve or dispute the refund request. If you approve it, the funds will be refunded to the client. If you dispute the request, our team will be reaching out to both parties to provide further assistance.

You can check out this help article and this Community thread for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

What do you suggest? What about leaving bad feedback?

Off-topic: How do I contact customer support directly?

Hello Md Suvas,

It will be your decision to accept the client's request for a refund or choose to dispute. You can leave your response with clarification to your client's feedback in case they leave your bad feedback. I see that you have already reached out to our support team via ticket and they have already responded to your query a few minutes ago. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members