🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding flitterbank.com
Page options
efbce278
Community Member

Regarding flitterbank.com

Hi there , recently I get paid for doing job here in Upwork via flitterbank.com, then they ask me to register flitterbank.com, but I have to pay for the virtual card to activate withdrawal, anyone know about flitterbank.com? Help me.

The virtual card is one time purchase which is $250

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christopherbudde
Community Member

Hi Lerra. As all have said this is a scam. Take a look at your profile and you will see the job is not listed. Ligit jobs will be listed there. Even flitterbank looks and reads like a scam. They list their physical address as "Boulevard, New York, USA"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sofia2008
Community Member

This is a scam.

Getting paid/paying money outside Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Providing contact details on your profile is also a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Please take a look at the Academy Courses - Upwork Community before sending proposals/accepting work as you are not ready to do it safely.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lerra, 

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot offer and accept payments outside of Upwork since this is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:
In the meantime, you may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member
christopherbudde
Community Member

Hi Lerra. As all have said this is a scam. Take a look at your profile and you will see the job is not listed. Ligit jobs will be listed there. Even flitterbank looks and reads like a scam. They list their physical address as "Boulevard, New York, USA"

williamtcooper
Community Member

Lerra,

Never, Never, Never go off Upwork for payment. You will be paid via a client that has funds in Upwork's escrow for your job. It's also against Upwork's Terms of Service and can get your Profile banned. Please click the Academy at the top of this page for how to use the site. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members