🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Same client offer with different projects
Page options
turnerae9
Community Member

Same client offer with different projects

Has anyone noticed the abundance of one client offer on our feed? Offering an insane amount of money for a standard article? $100 for a "simple" project seems so sus to me. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Those jobs offering an insane amount of money for simple work are almost always scams. The scammers posting those jobs will often make slight changes or no changes to each job, but the skill categories are the same, which is why they all appear in your feed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
celgins
Community Member

Those jobs offering an insane amount of money for simple work are almost always scams. The scammers posting those jobs will often make slight changes or no changes to each job, but the skill categories are the same, which is why they all appear in your feed.

turnerae9
Community Member

It is more annoying that they have verified payment. I don't interact with any offers that have no validation. Also, these "scams" are posted like 10 at a time. There is a part of me that is like.... "C'mon Upwork, do better. be better" I can't begin to count the many times I have been accepted and the first message is "message me on..." (skype, discord, random platform). 

Thanks Clark for the assurance that these "too good to be true" offers are pointless : )

"Verified payment" mean nothing. Only lazy scammer didn't set it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members