🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Showcase your past experience with testimonia...
Page options
elitegra
Community Member

Showcase your past experience with testimonials - FEEDBACK

This is a great idea that I have thought about it for some time now, a way to showcase some of our best testimonials. BUT to me this is not the right implementation, why should we ask a client for a second testimonial when they already left feedback? 

Simply let us select from our job history the testimonials we want to feature, this will also be more legitimate. Otherwise, how can some proof they actually worked together? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,355 REPLIES 1,355
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Margaret,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumyah_saeed
Community Member

Hi, I am facing problem in requesting testimonials from my previous clients. I have all the other details but my client don't have LinkedIn profile so what should I do in that case. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Sumyah

Hi Sumyah,

Unfortunately you will not be able to request a testimonial in this case. Your clients will need to have a LinkedIn profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
innov8develop
Community Member

Hi

I want to ask past clients for testimonials but some do not have a LinkedIn profile (some have said they don't want one either) how can I get a testimonial from these clients?

Angela

Angela E wrote:

how can I get a testimonial from these clients?

You can't.

Thank you for your reply, it seems a little unfair, other freelance platforms verify authenticity via the given email address.  Not everyone wants to have a LinkedIn account as they value their privacy and do not want a public online presence, I respect that.

rahulsharma108
Community Member

Hi there,

I hope everyone is doing well. Actually, a few days ago I submitted a testimonial request to my client.  Accidentally due to Google autofill feature, during request submission the name was filled wrong by me. I filled 'Rahul Sharma' (my name) instead of client's name. Now I got an email from Upwork that It was not approved. However I have strong proof that I work for him. Including being an FB page admin of his company and side by side original 'PSD' of designs I create for his company. I can submit name and screenshots to Upwork. Please pardon my mistake (Thanks for reminding community guidelines).

Regards,

Rahul Sharma.

Hi Rahul,

Feel free to resubmit your testimonial request now with the correct information. Once your request is reviewed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there,

Actually, it's showing 'Your testimonial request is awaiting the client's response. It is like that for the past 11 days. I wanna know why it is like that? Did the client has not submitted it or it is pending for verification purpose?

Regarding,

Rahul Sharma.

Hi Rahul,

Just to confirm that the message you`re referring to means that your client still hasn't responded to the request you`ve sent them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
figuerres-reinan
Community Member

Hello! How can I delete/remove a testimonial request in which the client has not been responding for too long? I hope to know the solution to this problem. Thank you!

Hi Reinan Christopher,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
valeria_ferrari
Community Member

Hello! I want to add a review from my client to my profile. To send him a request, I must add his LinkedIn profile to verify it. But he doesn't have a linkedin profile. What should I do?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Valeriia V wrote:

But he doesn't have a linkedin profile. What should I do?

You can't get testimonials from clients who do not have a LinkedIn profile.

This is discrimination! I must have a choice. In our country, few people use this profile

Valeriia V wrote:

This is discrimination! 

It's not. The rule applies to everone.

Valeriia V wrote:

I must have a choice.

There currently is no other choice.

Hi Valeriia,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. However, Petra is correct. In order to request a testimonial from your client, they need to have a LinkedIn profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

He has an Instagram page, a Facebook profile and his own YouTube channel, and his own website **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He is the founder of his own show studio. And he doesn't have a Linkedin profile. This social network is not popular in Ukraine, he does not need to register with it. But this does not mean that it does not exist.
I'm not trying to fool you and create a positive review for myself. I am trying to find a customer through your platform. And I want my clients from Ukraine to be able to leave honest feedback about my work.

And you do not give me such an opportunity, you limit my rights!

I am very disappointed with your platform. You do your best to weed out new freelancers, and only make money on old freelancers.

frankiek2896
Community Member

When I try to request a testimonial from prior clients off of Upwork it’s asks for their LinkedIn profile which, is ridiculous, why would anyone give someone working for them on a one off job their link? How am I supposed to do this?

Frankie H wrote:
 How am I supposed to do this?

Ask them or search LinkedIn?

In this case I don’t have the personal information to look them up, I don’t
even have any real business names to go off of. If I could just search them
I wouldn’t have this Problem

Frankie H wrote:
In this case I don’t have the personal information to look them up, I don’t
even have any real business names to go off of. If I could just search them
I wouldn’t have this Problem

Then you can't use them as testimonials, unfortunately.

risma_viljoen
Community Member

"Showcase your skills with non-Upwork client testimonials"

I used this feature to request a testimonial from a non-Upwork client. The client completed the testimonial and submitted it to the Upwork platform.

I then received the following email:
"We are writing to inform you that this testimonial was not approved. To ensure trust and quality of our marketplace, we can only approve testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid." 

I would like to understand what Upwork requires in terms of "valid contact information" to avoid a repeat when sending this to other clients.  

Hi Risma,

I'm sorry to hear your client's testimonial was rejected. We're approving testimonials from clients where we have sufficient evidence that the contact information is valid. In this case, we may not have been able to find sufficient information. You can try requesting another from a different client.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Please can you provide more information as to what you consider "sufficient evidence of contact information"?  

monicanq
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I would love to know what sufficient evidence means as well. I requested a testimonial from a client that I have been working with for over 4 years. I submitted his LinkedIn profile and it is very clear that we have had a professional relatioship for a long time. I am really hesitant about bothering another one of my clients since I am not sure that I can provide a clearer case than this one. Could you please help me out here? Is it because my profile has been recently approved?

Thank you,

Monica.

Hi Monica,

I'm sorry to hear a testimonial you requested was rejected. I am afraid we're not able to share more information as to why a testimonial was rejected. For more information or if you have further questions, please refer to the support ticket you have about the same issue. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d332387
Community Member

Hello,

I requested a testimonial from a client.

He told me he did it but I can't see nothing in my profile.. Any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Julien

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julien,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. We apologize for the delay, but please know we are still testing and optimizing this beta feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
therealrafta
Community Member

How long does it take to get reviews approved?The ones from outside Upwork?

Hi Rufaro,

Due to the high number of testimonials we receive, the quoted review time is within 10 days, but in most cases, we complete our review within 5 days.

We truly appreciate your patience through this process!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lesaunderwood
Community Member

I sent a client outside of Upwork at testimonial request on  Oct 2. She never received and didn't go to spam. system wouldn't allow me send new request. How can I resend the request? Thanks.

Hi Lesa,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address that the request you're referring to was sent to? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jasonshomer
Community Member

I sent a testimonial request to a former client and she says she submitted it a couple days ago.  It still says it's pending approval.  

How long does it usually take to be approved?

Thanks! 

Jason

Hi Jason,

Please allow 10 business days for your request to be reviewed. Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

One more question...

is a way to change the order of testimonials...like how they appear on my profile?  I want a specific one to appear first.  Is that possible?

Thanks! 

Hi Jason,

This feature is not currently available. I'll be sure to share your suggestion with our team. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, thank you. 

So if I cant move it.... it possible for the client who wrote it to edit a mistake in the testimonial?  Or is it final once it's approved and posted? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members