🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Suspicious contact
Page options
t_van_dommelen
Community Member

Suspicious contact

Dear Upwork community,

I recently applied for a translation job and I got contacted by the job-poster with the message that that certain translation position has already been fullfilled but he had another monthly job for me. He then wanted to connect on skype and he there claims he is a teamleader from Upwork and he wants me to help him for the development team. I am just curious if this is a scam or a real opportunity.
So is **Edited for Community Guidelines** from Australia indeed a teamleader from Upwork or does he want to hack into my computer via his proposed teamviewer?

Kind regards,
Teun van Dommelen

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Teun,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Could you please send me a PM with more information along with screenshots of your Skype conversation so that I can send a detailed report to the team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jurelampe
Community Member

Why someone who claims to work for UpWork wish to use a chat platform (Skype) instead their own (UpWork)? Think about it! And "teamleader" is not "teamviewer". First is a role and second the remote control service, which (YES!) can harm your PC. 

t_van_dommelen
Community Member

Dear Upwork community (especially moderators),

I want to report this user on Upwork (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) it defenitely is a scam, he claims to pay people 5~10% of Upworks monthly income which he claims is $5k-$10k and he wants to get into your computer using teamviewer.
His account tells me he is from Australia, but his english is very weak, this in combination with the demand to get into your computer using teamviewer made me decide to block him on skype and to avoid him from making more victims via Upwork I want to report him.

Kind regards,
Teun van Dommelen

Hi Teun,

Thanks for reporting this to us. Could you please send me a PM with more information along with screenshots of your Skype conversation so that I can send a detailed report to the team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksander,

I would like to send you a private message but whenever I try to do this the next error pops up: 
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Hi Teun,

I just sent you a PM. Could you please try responding to me?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members