🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
c4840335
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

311 REPLIES 311

Hello i have this problem. Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi, I tried to add another payment method but again there comes out a "beneficiary name mismatch" warning. Can you please fix it so that I can add my additional payment method ? 

Thanks

Jakub and Ufuk,

Thanks for reaching out. The team is looking into your account status and will sort out the beneficiary name mismatch shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, I tried to add additional payment method but there comes out "beneficiary name mismatch" warningt again. Can you please fix it so that I can add my other payment method ? 

Thanks

Hello, I got the same problem on my account. Can you have a look on that for me please.

oscar_costero
Community Member

Hi, upwork deactivated payments to my bank account because of a mismatch.

My bank account uses my full name (second name and mother's last name) as custom in Latin America. But I only use my first name and first last name in here.

It is that the problem? Do I need to update my ID here? 

Thanks,

All set, Oscar. Your payment method should now be active.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Community Member

can someone help me fix this issue?

Hello Justino,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved and will be active within 3 days.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
marina2105
Community Member

Hi I connected the payment method Paypal, but I see this message, "Payment method verification in progress
Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. "However, the name of the upwork account and the paypal are the same. Is it possible to do something? Thank you.

Hi Marina,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
tharelenegee
Community Member

Hi! I really need my salary 😞 This is the first time that I experienced this. I tried to withdraw the money but it says payment method has been deactivated, name mismatched. I tried using a different account but it still the same :(. It's on the GET PAID page. Why are you doing this? I really need the money now.

I am also having the same issue. Is there a problem with Upwork? I really need my salary as well.

Getting the same issue here. This is just sad.

And why is nobody attending to this complaint promptly?? Please help us solve this issue. We need the money.

Hi Darlene, I'd like to point out that this is the Upwork Community and not the Customer Support. Messages here and our support channels are addressed by the order in which they were received. A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with. Please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Darlene, Virgilio, and Silvano, I'll go ahead and ask the team's help to look into your accounts, and I'll come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d4f9fcb0
Community Member

Thank you.

Please be informed that I have come to the Get Support page and still, I got no response at all. Should this be not an urgent matter? Please help us!
d4f9fcb0
Community Member

Hi Avery,

It seems like it was a bug on Upwork's system. It is now fixed. 

Thank you,

Silvano

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silvano, and Darlene, and Virgilio, 

Silvano and Darlene, 

This is correct. I double-checked both your accounts and have requested the team's help to clear the name mismatch. It should all be removed now.

Hi Avery,

It seems like it was a bug on Upwork's system. It is now fixed. 

Darlene and Virgilio,
While I understand why this experience can be frustrating, as I have said earlier, messages both here and through our support channels are addressed by the order they were received. As such, please refrain from filing new tickets regarding the same issue so that the team can assist you more efficiently. I hope you understand. 

Virgilio, the team will reach out to you separately for more information about your account concern. Please refrain from posting in several threads or creating several posts for the same issue as this is considered spam and is not allowed as per the Community Guidelines. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I can't withdraw because of this and this is the first time I encounter this. Please need help to fix this Thank you

Hi Angelica, Tara, Sheila, Elaine Dominique, Victor,

Please know that the name mismatch on your accounts is already cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork
3890df4c
Community Member

Thank you. The mismatched was removed. Have a great day!

I too am having the same issue and nothing has changed. I don't understand how my payment method can be deactivated when my name and bank info are the same and Upwork has been paying me.

I have been using the same bank account for more than 5 mos and I have never encountered this issue. How can I resolve it? I really need the money today. Can someone help please?

e5bb47da
Community Member

Hi team, i'm experiencing the same issue as well, my bank account and Upwork account names are exactly the same and I can't still withdraw any funds.
Hope You can help me with that. 🙂
eamsc
Community Member

Hi,

I just saw this notification when I was about to withdraw my earnings. However, for the past 5 months, I have never changed my name on my account and on my bank and I was able to withdraw my earnings without an issue.

Can someone help me out?
"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. "

d30c9c34
Community Member

Hi I am getting this message even though I’ve used this multiples time before and the names are the same.
alliahpnrnd
Community Member

Hi, can someone please help me? Issue is "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." But my names are the actually the same on my payment method and on my Upwork account.

Hi Samantha, and Alliah, 

The name mismatch on your name has already been cleared. 

~ Avery
Upwork
diraygok
Community Member

Hi, I've got the same problem. Could you help me?

df06a929
Community Member

I'm having exactly the same issue. I tried adding my second last name and I didn't work 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ida, Laura, and Cuneyt,

I've followed up with our team and this issue should be resolved for you. Feel free to reach back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
df06a929
Community Member

Upwork sent me that message letting me know my payment method has been deactivated because name on the payment method doesn't match the name on my upwork account. The issue is that it is exactly the same first name and last name

f3ddc4e1
Community Member

Same problem here. My account name is the same as my bank name but without a special letter. Been paid on Upwork for close to a year.
adnab
Community Member

Hi, I have similar issue with beneficiary name. Payment method was rejected, even though my last name and the name on the bank account are exactly the same. I suspect its because in my official ID my surname has a letter ž and ć with a Bosnian accent which I couldn’t use here. Best regards!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adna,

I checked this with our team and your concern should be fixed. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adnab
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
It is okay now, fixed. Thank you really much for your quick help.

Best regards,
Adna!
Community Member

Hello,

I have received information that "Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account." my name on the document ID is Michał with ł which is Polish letter and it is not allowed to be typed while setting up Upwork Name settings. Why my payment method was disabled?

Looking forward for help on this.

Community Member

Hello,

I've received same issue and my payments methods were blocked. Could you help with it?

Br,

Michał

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members