🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
c4840335
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched.

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

I need help with this notification. I've been using my bank ever since I started my account and this is the first time I encountered this notification. Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

311 REPLIES 311
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michal,

I've followed up with the team reviewing this case and they'll update your account as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bklyngrl66
Community Member

I am having the same issue in receiving my pay for 11/1-11/7.  I checked my checking account and tried adding my VISA and Paypal as accounts to receive my payment now.  Each and every time, I get a message that my beneficiary name is mismatched.  I've been with Upwork now for about 2 yrs with no payment issue.  All of sudden I have a beneficiary name mismatch? I don't know of any phone number to call but I managed to send a message and hoping to hear something by email.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

I've escalated your concern to our team and your beneficiary name has been approved. Feel free to reach back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
leejyng
Community Member

Hi there, I'm having the same issue with beneficiary name too! Hope someone can fix it. It's been like this for a week.

Thanks in advance!
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lee,

I've followed up with our team and your beneficiary name should be approved now. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bcanata
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and had no luck contacting a human via the bot. Can you help me, too?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bugra, 

Your payment method is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks a lot!

Hello Goran,

Hope you're doing great.

Can you please solve my same issue as I have it on my Agency Account, my agency called "PATRIX Technology"?

Best Regards,

Yousef H.

Hi Yousef,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
splacyice
Community Member

Hello, I added an ACH Bank and the name is exactly the same as my Upwork account but is shows an error: 'Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.' I have tried countless times and it still doesn't work.

Please Help!!

Hi Shalome and Mohammed,

Our team will update your payment methods shortly and you will be able to use them to withdraw your funds, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank You!
I'll be expecting

m_acc_des
Community Member

I have the same issue guys, I have been using the same bank account for nearly 4 years, didn't edit anything at all, I need to withdraw my earning ASAP please.

a9dfc60f
Community Member

Hello guys, 

I would like to know if my Payment method verification is still in progress, please?  I have already matched my name in my Wise account with the one in Upwork but I still don´t hear anything from Upwork regarding this issue.

Hopefully, you could help me.

Thank you!! 

audeco
Community Member

Evening, people 😊!

So, was I not surprised to find that Upwork deactivated my payment method because "the beneficiary name is mismatched". Only, I've been using this platform for a few months now and never had any issues from the start. I even verified my ID via those 2 steps (I think it was a selfie and sending some government documents).

So, what is happening 🤔?

18dc5fd5
Community Member

In notification financial account name.is not updated
30c89044
Community Member

I can't get paid it says the name does not match. But I have been using this account ever since I have been on Upwork. Please help me resolve this. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hakan, Subrata, and Emily,

Your beneficiary names should be approved now. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
cattmina
Community Member

Hello,
I have same problem with "The beneficiary name is mismatched" but both names on Upwork profile and Mpesa are the same. Can you please check it out ?

Hello Sheila,

Thank you for your message. I see that the relevant team has already reviewed your payment method and requested clarification via a notification sent to your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same email notification if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
emily_jordan
Community Member

Hello, I am also receiving this message! I've worked for upwork for three years! 
Can I have help resolving this?? Thank you!

30c89044
Community Member

I have the same problem. Can you please help? Thanks in advance

9f45c1fe
Community Member

Hello, I am also receiving this message! 
Can I have help resolving this?? Thank you!

Hi Evgeniy,

Our team will update your method shortly as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
matiasv
Community Member

Hello, today I wasn't able to draw funds from my account since it says that my Beneficiary name is mismatched which is impossible since nothing has changed in years. I've been trying to get a hold of someone in support but it has been impossible. Please help me resolve this situation as soon as possible.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matias, 

I looked into this, and I can see that you have deleted the payment method with the mismatch, and you have also filed a ticket with the Customer Support Team. I would recommend refraining from filing new tickets so that the team can assist you more efficiently and refrain from deleting your payment method to assist you with resolving that issue. 

Since you already have a support ticket regarding the same issue, I will ask the team to reach out to you soon to be assisted further.

I hope this gets resolved soon!

~ Avery
Upwork
ginfantino
Community Member

My payment has been deactivated because of the beneficiary name? My name has not changed, not sure why my payment has been deactivated, can someone help! Thank You 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gianluca,

I’ve escalated your concern to our team and your beneficiary name should be approved now. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
abdul1020
Community Member

I have the same issue. My name spelling is sometimes used with A sometimes with E 

(Abdul REhman or Abdul RAhman. 

Now my account also on hold and I don't know how to resolve this issue. My name is also not in English so spelling is correct both the way. I generally write my name as ABDUL RAHMAN bit my bank wrote it ABDUL REHMAN . I need help about my issue to set my payment method successful. Plz. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

Your beneficiary name should be approved now. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sam_9891
Community Member

Hello,

I have the same issue with my getting paid screen. Can you please check it. it's the account I'm using ever since. I have removed the account and added it again. nothing changed.

Hi Saumya,

Our team will update your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it to withdraw your funds, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for resolving it quickly 😊

em_campisi
Community Member

Hi! I am having a similar issue with getting payments where it is saying my bank account name and Upwork are not matching. I've been using the same accounts for years with no issue so I'm not sure if there is anything I should change.

Hi Emily,

I've shared your concern with the team and I can confirm that this has been taken care of. You should no longer see this error on your end.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alialkis
Community Member

Hi Luigi,

I face the same issue, although I was able to get paid for 2 years with no problem. Can you help me?

Hi Ali,

Sorry to hear you experienced this. I shared your concern with the appropriate team and you should no longer see a name mismatch on your end. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bishoy_thabet
Community Member

I need help with this notification. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Hi Bishoy,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members