🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Time Tracker not recording all working time
Page options
1b074e73
Community Member

Time Tracker not recording all working time

I was on an Upwork call that lasted 1:23 minutes today. Before the call started I started the time tracker. 

When I finished the call I realized that Upwork only recorded 40 minutes out of the 83 working minutes because I did not make clicks or keyboard strokes even though I was on a working call.

Working calls should be paid in full, and it is not realistic to expect a user to make clicks and keyboard strokes while they are on a call. Especially when that call is through the upwork program. 

It is frustrating to have to go back and review time worked and communicate to the client that we need to add time manually, especially when the client is hesitant to allow for manual time. 

It is even more frustrating that this is not made clear to me as the freelancer that this is happening. At the very least it would be nice to have a report every day that tells me that I was clicked in but didn't get paid due to no activity. That would allow me to know that I am not getting paid for work. I now know that I have had hours of working time stolen by the upwork program because of this bad experience and for not letting me know.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Sean wrote:

I was on an Upwork call that lasted 1:23 minutes today. Before the call started I started the time tracker. 

When I finished the call I realized that Upwork only recorded 40 minutes out of the 83 working minutes because I did not make clicks or keyboard strokes even though I was on a working call.

The tracker isn't a time clock. It only records segments which have keyboard and/or mouse activity, so any work done without such activty will not be recorded.

Whilst I see how this was a disappointing experience, it would also be fair to expect people to figure out how things work before using them.

I now know that I have had hours of working time stolen by the upwork program because of this bad experience and for not letting me know.

nothing was "stolen" from you. You just failed to understand how the system works. The info is available and accessible easily enough.

It's a bit like Ikea furniture. I too attempt to put it together without reading the instructions, but I don't blame Ikea for letting me put it together wrong and having to start over. That's on me.

Next time you'll know.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members