Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferwise

nivs
Niveen T Member Since: Jan 28, 2015
1 of 31

Hello Smiley Happy

Will there be any chance in future of being able to use Transferwise for withdrawing funds as they usually have better rates than Paypal & Payoneer?

Thanks.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2 of 31

Hi Niveen,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your feedback. I will make sure to share your report with our team. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
1433e940
You Siang J Member Since: Sep 10, 2020
3 of 31

Hi Niveen:
you can see my document
I hope I can help you.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
thanks!

novotas
Peter N Member Since: Mar 12, 2021
BEST ANSWER
4 of 31

Hi,

It actaully is possible to use transferwise already. You just need to have USD account at TFWS (ehich is free) and then you can send funds to this account via ACH transfer completely free as well.

Regards,

Peter 

View solution in original post

nivs
5 of 31

Thanks Peter! Smiley Very Happy

denellearnaiz
Mary Denelle A Member Since: Apr 7, 2021
6 of 31

How long does it take to receive payments from Upwork to Transferwise? Is it real time?

nivs
7 of 31

Hi Mary,

I'm still setting this up so can let you know once I've completed the first transaction.

I believe other freelancers (like Peter) may know already so perhaps they can answer sooner than me.

lggr
Lino G Member Since: Oct 22, 2017
8 of 31

Hello

I am about to try the same and I am not familiar with how to set it up. I have a USD balance in Transferwise (now WISE) and there is a SWIFT/BIC Code which I have to enter and then a 10 digits account code. Is that everything I should reflect as the account where to send USD to? Also, the Transferwise postal address in New York, must be added to?

I am familiar with the european IBAN code but not with this which does not look that simple to me.

Thanks a lot 

nivs
9 of 31

Hi Lino,

So what I did was:

Settings, Get Paid, Add Method, Direct to U.S. Bank (USD) - Set up.

Enter Account Holder Name, Select account type (my account is a checking account) and then enter the routing number & account number from your Wise account (no need to add address).

Click the check box and hit Add Account.

Upwork will then remit two small values to test the link, once received in your Wise account you will need to enter the values in Upwork to verify. 

After that you should be good to go! ^.^

lggr
Lino G Member Since: Oct 22, 2017
10 of 31

Niveen

thanks a lot! I will try: those instructions look pretty good.

Thanks again

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS