🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork bonus
Page options
fatimanaeem21
Community Member

Upwork bonus

Hey my client gave me a bonus on a contract but it is not reflecting on my earnings as it is still saying pending.Can bonus be reverted back to client or what ?

I am confused that is it paid from my client side ?

Please review attatched screenshot saying pending bonus

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

8 REPLIES 8
wescowley
Community Member

How long ago was it paid? It usually takes a day or two for bonuses to get effective dates assigned to them.

It was paid today.

Is it paid from clients account or not because it is saying pending?

secondly can it be reverted back to client  or it is just a fake  thing saying pending?

petra_r
Community Member

Fatima N wrote:

Hey my client gave me a bonus on a contract but it is not reflecting on my earnings as it is still saying pending.Can bonus be reverted back to client or what ?

I am confused that is it paid from my client side ?

It is normal for a bonus to show as "pending" without a date for around 24 hours. The date starts showing up in the left hand column as soon as Upwork have successfully (!!) charged the client's payment method.

Until there is a date, the client has not paid.

Why is the client paying you as a bonus rather than as properly funded milestones? That is also a hell of a lot of money for a job that lasted less than a day?

Client signed up for Upwork today and pays out thousands of Dollars in form of a bonus to two freelancers... What work did you do for the client in that short time that was worth nearly $3k?

Yes the clinet is new on upwork .he did not have any  upwork expiernce  so he opened hourly then i just fixed things quickly in upwork call so we hade no other option to send bonus rather then

logging hours

Now i am afraid he bluffed me or just sent me the amount actually because pending means client still needs to pay it.

Please reviewe screenshot which i have

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Fatima N wrote:

Now i am afraid he bluffed me or just sent me the amount actually because pending means client still needs to pay it.

What work did you do for almost $3000 in less than a day?

He was expecting a  mobile app UI/UX help and was stuck  for flows for several days. he bid me that if i would fix these flows of desings he would instantly pay me through bonus.

I did that. he also sent the bnus honestly but upwork is not showing any thing on my contract or some. other thing through which i can be calm that it is paid.

did i lose the money ?

Fatima N wrote:

he bid me that if i would fix these flows of desings he would instantly pay me through bonus.

Do you really think that is a normal amount for quickly fixing something?

Fatima N wrote:

other thing through which i can be calm that it is paid.

did i lose the money ?

You won't know for a couple of days, It is normal for the amount to still show as "pending" for up to a day without there being anything to worry about, but usually when something sounds way too good to be true (someone paying you a literally obscene amount of money for a few minutes of work), it *is* too good to be true....

You didn't send any money anywhere by any chance, did you?

Hi Fatima,

I'd like to confirm that, as Petra noted, the bonus will show as Pending in the Transaction History until Upwork can successfully charge the client's payment method for the bonus. So if it's showing as Pending, that means that Upwork hasn't yet charged the client successfully. I'd also like to note that bonuses aren't covered by Upwork Payment Protection and share this help article about critical Upwork policies with you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members