🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Upwork seems not to target e-mails
Page options
the3dguru
Community Member

Upwork seems not to target e-mails

I got an e-mail today titled Earn a Top Rated badge to win more work. That would be good advice except I've been Top Rated Plus for a few years now. I think its the second time I've had that mail. It's like Upwork e-mails are written and then somebody just pressed Send All to the entire site.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting us and bringing this to our attention. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. We'll update this thread with more information once we receive a response.

**Edited to Update Information**

We just received a response from the team, and the email you received was our monthly newsletter and been deployed to the intended members. The email's header states, "Achieve (and keep) top rated status". Although it is defined in the header, I completely understand how the message's subject line and overall tone could be misleading members who already acquired the Top-Rated Plus status. Rest assured that this has been shared and flagged for the appropriate team as feedback. 

Rest assured that there's no action is required on your end. We truly appreciate your patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

The unsubscribe function works. I did this a year ago and I no longer receive this type of spam. Or do you need a newsletter?

Unfortunately, there's no way to unsubscribe to the flood of inbox spam.

Got no Upworks promo emails for last half year for sure.

I didn't blacklisted @uprork.com because need letters related to the operation of the site. I don’t remember what the option that helped. But it is somewhere in the notification settings.

I'm talking about the message inbox and the constant stream of false alerts that there is a client message only to have it turn out to be repeated spam from Upwork urging me to attend a seminar to learn how to count to three or write my name or something equally challenging.

There was a discussion of this here some months back and a mod said the only way to get off that list was to request removal and they would manually remove it. A bunch of us did. They removed us for a few weeks and then they started up again.

Oh, I got it. Yes, it's still alive. Only email unsubscribe works but not messaging.

You know, I'd be very happy to get some advice for how to improve things. Not that things are going badly now, but who would turn down useful advice? Like you say though, most of it seems to be aimed at people who can't figure out the basics.

Yes... how to get your first job, how to write a portfolio, how to be a woman in business...bid, bid, bid, you have to bid to win...

the-right-writer
Community Member

Targeted emails are nonexistent.

ArjayM

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting us and bringing this to our attention. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. We'll update this thread with more information once we receive a response.

**Edited to Update Information**

We just received a response from the team, and the email you received was our monthly newsletter and been deployed to the intended members. The email's header states, "Achieve (and keep) top rated status". Although it is defined in the header, I completely understand how the message's subject line and overall tone could be misleading members who already acquired the Top-Rated Plus status. Rest assured that this has been shared and flagged for the appropriate team as feedback. 

Rest assured that there's no action is required on your end. We truly appreciate your patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members