🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Hi Annie,

That still doesn't answer my query. I have projects from 5 different clients so the first requirement is fulfilled, 4 or more contracts in 12 months, I have 8. More than 90% of freelancers get a JSS after 5 jobs, so why do I not have one even after 8?

Hi Sara,

I'd like to reiterate that not all contracts are equal and not all of your eight contracts may be added to the calculation hence no JSS is provided at the moment. Once we have enough data for calculation, your JSS will appear on your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
f493a296
Community Member

I guess i have all the requirements covered, please check it out.

Hi Neelam,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you have completed just one job with feedback. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a6760a0f
Community Member

I have completed 5 fixed-price projects with 5-star reviews. But why my job success score is not showing on my profile.

ad6ca4ad
Community Member

When will I get a JSS and/or Rising Talent Badge?

petra_r
Community Member

You'll may well get a JSS next time it is updated, you won't get a Rising Talent badge as one of your clients wasn't entirely 100% happy and hired someone else to do the work again.

ad6ca4ad
Community Member

Petra,

You are from upwork and you know this? I am a bit confused. I completed all my contracts with perfect ratings and feedbacks!

And when does the JSS update?

shehzad47
Community Member

Hi, I don't understand why I don't have JSS yet. I have total 7 Jobs so far with all from different clients (4 are completed and 3 are in progress) and have 4k+ earnings.

I still don't have JSS nor have any badge like rising talent. Any idea why I'm not getting it or what I need to do in order to get it ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. To get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after five projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback, so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

~ Avery
Upwork
avishekbhardwaj4
Community Member

hi just curious to know why my jss score is not updates  as on state it is updated but my score didn't changed ... i got a 5 stars from 5 clients after 1 May .. please help 

It has been updated

d40b1407
Community Member

Hey! so, so far I've completed 8 contracts with different clients, with 2 on the way. but I still have not recieved a job success score. Do I just wait or is there something else I should do? Thanks for your time!

Hi Ayhm,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
c7db3f58
Community Member

Hi,
I have completed 6 jobs with different clients, and JSS state stay "Not yet available" at the Job Success score.

Please can you help me, I need to update my state to grow my business. Thank you for your time

Kind Regards,

El Attary Adil

JSS updates every two weeks on Sundays system wide. There is no mid cycle update. You will have to wait. The next update is this Sunday. 

Hello Adil,

Please be aware that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score.

Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about JSS. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
gul_saba
Community Member

Hey 

I have completed more than 8 jobs recently but still do not have JSS?

PLEASE HELP

Hi Saba,

Please note that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about JSS.

~ Arjay
Upwork
moolfel
Community Member

check out this helpful article 

bartholomewfish
Community Member

I recently came back to upwork after a 2-3 year hiatus. I had taken a full time job which left little time for freelance. Before taking that job, I had a JSS in the high 90s, was top rated and had earned over $30k in earnings in a year. When I came back to Upwork, it was like I was a newb starting from scratch. All of my past success did not matter, I had to start over. 

Here I am, six months later and I've made over $9k, completed 3 jobs (all different clients) with five star ratings and written feedback and still no JSS. I even have a premium subscription – doesn't matter. It's just mind blowing to me that a platform like this can exist, despite having zero concern for it's main asset, freelancers. Everytime I reach out, I get a canned response directing me to posts about how a JSS score is calculated. I've been on Upwork for over 5 years, I've read that article a billion times. 

It's already infuriating the amount that Upwork takes in fees – it's clearly an antiquated business model that will likely doom Upwork. There are platforms like Braintrust that are putting talent in the driver seat, with no fees at all. Owned by talent, for talent. Then they add this connect system, which just seems like another attempt at further monetizing their talent. Upwork does not care about freelancers, their experience, or what value they bring to the platform. I'm ready to leave the platform and write an expose on the brand's workings and lack of transparency. 

Anyone else share my frustrations?

I don't. 

The longest calculation window for JSS is 24 months. After that, it disappears. 

I'm pretty sure many freelancers are excited about that, because their bad rating is gone, and they can start from scratch, but with a work history, and find that to be a good thing. 

vdtafurvasquez
Community Member

Hi! I'm a freelancer that has been working with upwork for the last 3 months and have earned more than 17k$ and 9 jobs (5 of them completed). Although my experience so far has been great, I'm wondering why I don't have a JSS score/badges yet as I think I met all the requirements. Any help?

be14a446
Community Member

hello sir,

Hope you are doing well. I am Usman. I want to ask you if I am completing four jobs on Upwork but why?? I have no JSS and no Rising talent badge.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

~Andrea
Upwork
gul_saba
Community Member

Hello all, I have completed 10 jobs on Upwork recently, but still I am not having JSS. Please help!

Hi Saba,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. For more information, please check out this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
adam-mevis
Community Member

Hi,

I have had more than 5 jobs with feedback right now, but I didn't get my JSS score yet. How is it possible and when will I get it?

Best regards,

Adam

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

You can check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
n_weerabangsa
Community Member

Hi, I have successfully completed some jobs with 5-star feedback , but my JSS is not updating even it's not showing in my profile. please help me with this situation.

Some jobs indicates more than two, but you only have two. You need more jobs with feedback. 

ezzatmostafa
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing issue in my stats and badges, I don't have JSS, any badge, Long-term clients or Clients who would recommend you.

I have 7 contracts and $2k earning and I don't get any of the previous things updated, I hope if I understand what's going on. 

ezzatmostafa_0-1658515566170.png

By the way, I started earning in last Nov, and I'm member since 2016. 

Thnaks

Hi Mostafa,

Please note that percentage of clients who would recommend you are clients who have indicated they would recommend you to others. Also, long-term clients are the percentage of clients you worked with for at least three months out of the clients you’ve worked with during the past year. This metric could be over one or multiple contracts and includes both hourly and fixed-price work.

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scored after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have 2 contract with feedback, and I have 7 contract total within 24 month, I want to open a ticket pls, I'm pretty concerned about this problem. 

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for responding. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, I hope I got solution or understand what's going on, appreciate. 

syedazeemjaved
Community Member

Greetings,

I have a verified account on Upwork, with more than 5+ projects completed successfully (1 is in progress) and have a 100% complete profile for more than 06+ months.

Still I am not able to get a JSS, and on the stats page, the eligibility in weeks to get the Top Rated badge is stuck at 0.

Is there something wrong with my profile, or something pending on my part that I must complete?

I believe that I have met all requirements stated on different Upwork forums.

Looking forward to your responses.

Hope you have a great day.

Regards,

SAJ

Hi Syed Azeem,

Please note that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scored after completing eight projects. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about JSS.

To earn Top Rated status, you need to maintain Rising Talent status or a Job Success Score (JSS) of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. The Top Rated Eligible Weeks metric keeps track of that progress looking at the last 16 weeks as a rolling window. 

This means that, if you've accumulated a block of non-eligible weeks in the past, you'll need to wait for those weeks to fall out of the calculation. When your count doesn't change, it is generally because an eligible week is falling out of the calculation while another is being included. Once non-eligible weeks start falling out of the calculation you'll see an increase in the count. Check out this help article to find a helpful chart explaining this process.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thankyoy Arjay for such a quick response.

So based on my understanding, until I have a JSS I am not eligible for a Top Rated badge. 

Getting to work now on getting more jobs, so that I can have a JSS.

Hope you have a great day.

Regards,

SAJ

annisasab
Community Member

hi, top to get JSS on my stats? I've completed all jobs but I didn't get JSS shows on my profile

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members