🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: reporting of job success
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasmine,

Please note that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

Happy working! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Team,

I have completed 4 jobs with 3 different clients and have a live contract. All of my reviews are 5-star. So, the question is, why haven't I gotten a Job Success Score yet.

Looking forward to your answers.

Regards. 

Hi Javeria,

I checked and can confirm you received Mid-Contract feedback on one of your completed projects, but not final feedback. Contracts without final feedback from the client are excluded from JSS and will not contribute to the total number of contracts needed for the score to be calculated. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for replying Luiggi. Guess I'll have to wait for my JSS score.

I have completed two projects and already have got two reviews but I did not receive a job success score yet. So badly I need to know when I will receive a job success score.

Mohammad Mehedi M wrote:

I have completed two projects and already have got two reviews but I did not receive a job success score yet. 

As was explained to you last time you asked: After you have completed at least 4 to 9 (depending on size, those $5 "contracts" don't count for much) contracts with at least 2 different clients. The contracts must be closed. 

Hello there,
It is my understanding that today (sunday) was the day the job success score should update, but I'm still showing as not eligible.

I have at the moment:
8 total jobs with 8 clients, one ongoing
7 with the last milestone completed.
4 closed contracts, 3 open but the last milestone is approved.

The only thing I can think is that since I had to close myself 3 of the 4 contracts, it may be influencing the score not showing?

For whatever reasons my clients don't leave reviews or even close contracts, but as far as I understand, it shouldn't matter?

Thanks for your time,
All the best.

Ignore this message, didn't knew i could edit the original one.

Hi Shivânanda,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for the reply, Nikola!

I had read the article, but I was under the impression that 4 contracts and 2 different clients was the "goal", it is more correct to assume it simply is the bare minimum then?

Shivânanda S wrote:
The only thing I can think is that since I had to close myself 3 of the 4 contracts, it may be influencing the score not showing?

The system can't calculate a meaningful score if you don't have feedback.

Don't be in such a rush to close contracts, just encourage clients to close them. That way you get feedback.

Thank you Petra, do you have any idea about how or when should I ask this? I don't want to sound pushy, but at the same time, I don't want new clients thinking I have 10 unfinished jobs

Shivânanda S wrote:

I had read the article, but I was under the impression that 4 contracts and 2 different clients was the "goal", it is more correct to assume it simply is the bare minimum then?

It's the bare minimum and the contracts have to be completed and enough of them have to have feedback.

Shivânanda S wrote:

Thank you Petra, do you have any idea about how or when should I ask this? 

When: a day or two after the work has been accepted.

How: Just thank the client for the contract, say you enjoyed working with them. Say that if there isn't anything else you can help with at this time, would the client mind closing the contract.

Thank you Petra, thats excellent advice!

Will apply it from now on,

Again thank you very much!

i have completed 2 projects but my job success score is not showing 

petra_r
Community Member

Moez S wrote:

i have completed 2 projects but my job success score is not showing 

That's because you need 4 to 9 (depending on size etc) completed and ended contracts from at least 2 different clients to get a JSS.

Why my jss is not showing on my profile?

Atul S wrote:

Why my jss is not showing on my profile?

Because you don't have one. JSS stands for Job Success Score. How well you did in the jobs you did for clients. You have only done one contract, which didn't go well. You need 4 to 9 completed contracts to get a JSS.

Hello! My JSS disappeared completely. It's true that I haven't been active for quite a long time but it's not even been 24 months till now. Last week, I saw that it was 100%. But now it's completely gone.

Hi Samita,

The Job Success Score is calculated on 6-12 and 24 months window. If there aren’t enough contracts within that period, your JSS can’t be calculated. Once you complete more contracts you’ll get JSS again. Please check out this Help article to learn more. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork Support,

I have completed below criteria and still not able to see JSS on my profile. Can someone look into this?

1) Worked with 2 different clients
2) Completed 5 jobs
3) Completed all jobs with 5* Rating
4) Received 'Rising Talent' Badge.

I have tried reaching out to some of the support members individually. But, couldn't find any response yet. Please help asap!

Regards,
Jagmeet  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jagmeet,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. In order to get a Job Success Score, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d907c7c3
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks for your response, But my Query is that I have already completed these requirements and I have 5* rating for all of my 5 projects from 2 different clients. Why the JSS is still not visible then?

Regards,

Jagmeet Singh

petra_r
Community Member

Jagmeet S wrote:

Thanks for your response, But my Query is that I have already completed these requirements and I have 5* rating for all of my 5 projects from 2 different clients. Why the JSS is still not visible then?

Because it is calculated every 2nd Sunday, and you didn't have enough completed contracts last time it was calculated (Aril 4th).

You may well get it next Sunday.

d907c7c3
Community Member

Ok Petra, Thank You!

Huhuhu I've already earned more than 1K Dollars and have 5 projects but still don't have a JSS badge. How can I have one?

Hi Kimberly,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there!

I started work on Upwork in January. I already completed 5 jobs. There are 4 jobs i got 5 star ratings and 7 jobs are in progress. But my profile don't show any job success score. Now what can i do? Please help me someone.

Thanks
Sandip M.

Hi Sandip,

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you so much. It's very importent for me.

Hi Upwork community,

I have compelted 16 jobs so far and worked 40+ hours with earning over $1k+. I did not get any rising talent or JSS or any badge to my profile.

But I have seen many profile with 3/ 4 jobs less than $1k earning got rising talent and even JSS. Can anyone help me about these issues? I have on upwork since last 72 days.

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:

I have compelted 16 jobs so far 

No, you haven't. You completed two. All the others are still open.

Fahim N wrote:

I did not get any rising talent or JSS or any badge to my profile.ks.

You need 4 to 8 (depending on size) completed (!) contracts from at least 2 different clients to get a JSS. You dont qualify for rising Talent because of the first contract not going quite perfectly.

At the moment you seem to have a number of contracts open with the same client. It's great that the client is liking your work and giving you more, but you are basically putting your profile at risk. Get the client to end all the contracts where the work is done. That will not only help you get feedback for completed contracts, it will also prevent a disaster if you and the client fall out (it happens) and the client gets the chance to leave 9 x 1 star feedbacks across the board for you. That would be the end of your profile....

" It's great that the client is liking your work and giving you more, but you are basically putting your profile at risk." 

Petra can you please explain this line ? I want to know this line means because i have a client who give me regular project same job. Please explain this line.

Sandip M wrote:

" It's great that the client is liking your work and giving you more, but you are basically putting your profile at risk." 

Petra can you please explain this line ? I want to know this line means because i have a client who give me regular project same job. Please explain this line.

I explained it in detail... The freelancer in question has 9 **OPEN** separate contracts with the same client. If the freelancer and the client fall out with each other for some stupid reason (which happens rarely, but it DOES happen) then the client has the chance to leave 9 x 1 star feedback. The freelancer's JSS would be horrendously badly affected, likely be around 10%) and the 9 x poor feedback would not look good, would they, especially when he only has 2 feedback so far.

Thank you so much Petra.

I am wondering that I have done 4 jobs for a client with 1k+ earning and got 5 stars all of them. Why I don't get the uprising talent badge and JJS?

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,

Naveed

Hi Muhammad,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

My job success score is not showing up. Have completed 6 jobs, 5 different clients, earned an excess of 9K, and have received 5 star feedback on each of the completed jobs. Am I doing something wrong or omitting something?

Steve W wrote:

Have completed 6 jobs, 5 different clients, earned an excess of 9K, and have received 5 star feedback on each of the completed jobs. 

You haven't received 5 stars from all the completed jobs. You had nothing at all from half of them. You only have feedback from 3 of them, 1 per calculation window, so there simply isn't enough data to calculate a meaningful JSS from.

Hmmm, my freelance page shows 5 stars on 6 completed contracts, and 1 ongoing contract. But, I see what you see from the client side.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members