🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?
Page options
drahmartin
Community Member

When do I qualify for JSS and a badge?

My profile was transferred from Elance and I became active on Upwork this July. I’ve 100% profile completed and have had my identity verified. I also have a long term contract since July and have gone on to complete at least two other short contract jobs on Upwork but I’m yet to receive a JSS and a badge. I would like to know if I’m doing anything wrong because I feel I have done enough to earn a JSS and a badge.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin,

In order to get a Job Success Score, freelancers need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients who left feedback
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

550 REPLIES 550

Hi Annisa,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that most contracts on your profile do not have feedback on them. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete contracts with feedback on them. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects with feedback, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects with feedback.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ewozniak
Community Member

Hello, my JSS score still says Not yet available however I have completed projects with 5 starts, I am suffering from finding new customers due to that, can anyone take a look and let me know, when it would be updated? 

Thank you in advance

Eugene 

Keep in mind your projects older than 24 months (from 2015-2016) do not count towards your JSS calculation.

ewozniak
Community Member

Oh, thanks. Will then fight for my new customers, to improve JSS

shoaibkhan49
Community Member

Hi, Greetings! I have Completed 4 jobs i which 3 were fixed and One Hourly. These all were Different Clients from different Countries But still there is No JOb Success Score (JSS) on my profile? Can We Track or know in any Other way to check How Close i am To Get Jss ? 

Hi Shoaib,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

Also, please keep in mind that the JSS calculation is only updated every two weeks, on Sunday.

~Andrea
Upwork
8de585e6
Community Member

I've been on Upwork for over two weeks and have completed 5 jobs with 2 in progress. But my JSS is still not appearing on my profile. Please let me know why is that. Thanks.

Hi Ali,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

~Andrea
Upwork
8de585e6
Community Member

But, I have competed 5 contracts which is obviously more than four. And all five with different clients

Hi Ali,

Please note that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a Job Success Score varies. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to receive your initial score. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more about JSS.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jhaneyjosafat
Community Member

Hi team,

Can you please check my Job Success Score? I have two contracts that ended in 2020 and 2021.

Please review and send updates if available. Thank you.

Hi Mc Jane,

Thank you for your message. I see that you do not have enough eligible contracts to calculate your JSS. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete: 

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
surb3y
Community Member

Hey all, 

I am a relatively new freelancer (about 2-3 months old) but I have not received a JSS or a Rising Talent badge as of yet, which is confusing. Here are my stats: 

- Over 1K earned 

- 5* reviews only (3+)

-12+ current and completed jobs (with 5+ different clients)

I am looking for some insight as to why I have not at least received a JSS yet. My confusion stems from the following quote, "

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects."

Some insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that you do not have enough contracts with feedbacks to calculate your JSS. Your profile will be updated as soon as you have enough contracts to calculate your JSS.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
surb3y
Community Member

Thank you for the quick response, Pradeep. Much appreciated. 

484d99fd
Community Member

I have been working for a client for the last 6 months now and earned a $1000+,  but i still dont have any Job succes score to be eligible as a Top rated Freelancer. Why is that? 

Mejur, 

• To get JSS, you need to have few projects from different clients. Read more from here. 
  • To earn top rated badge, you require to be qualify for all the criteria listed here. 
jhagopalp
Community Member

Hello Community!! I hope you are dong well.

I have a quaestion to you. I have completed 4 projects with 4 different clients. I am still waiting for JSS or any talent badge on my profile. Please help me with this.

Thanks

Hi Gopal,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked your account and saw that one of our agents has already replied to your ticket with more information. You can check the ticket here.  You may also want to check out this help article to learn more about the JSS. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
raajazafar
Community Member

Hi,

I completed 5 jobs so far but I am unable to get the JSS, so could you please help me out the JSS is still not showing on my profile.

Thank you

Hi Raja,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Aside from completing 4 or more jobs, you'll have to consider that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

Kindly check this help article for more information. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for the quick response.

Hi,

I have completed 5 jobs so far, but the JSS not show on my profile. I need some support on this matter.

Thank you

Thank you for your kind repsonse.

raajazafar
Community Member

Hi,

I have completed 5 jobs so far. I am unable to get the JSS and the JSS does not show on my profile. I need your kind support in this matter.

Thank you

maseelro
Community Member

It has been there for quite a long time and was visible till date, a few days back even. I have performed more than enough jobs so far with 5-star ratings, $300+ in earnings, 50+ hours logged in addition to a fixed-price job. Where did it vanish all of a sudden? 

Some jobs older than 24 months might have been excluded from the calculation. You will get your JSS back once you get more jobs with feedback.

maseelro
Community Member

It was visible a few days back. I have performed more than enough jobs so far with 5-star ratings, $300+ in earnings, 50+ hours logged in addition to a fixed-price job. Where did it vanish all of a sudden? 

Hi Mansoor,

I checked, and it looks like you have not earned a JSS yet. Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. To get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can learn more about the JSS here

~ Joanne
Upwork
16df9bbb
Community Member

I have over $1000 earned on upwork. 14 jobs, 5 completed and 9 in progress but my Job success score is still jot showing. I really need help with this

Hi Hillary,

The time it takes for every freelancer to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you must complete projects with 2 or more clients, across 4 or more different contracts within 24 months. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d7f0c067
Community Member

Hello, My name is Muhammad Annus. I've completed eight jobs successfully and have been paid by my client. But I still didn't get any JSS. I give reviews to my clients, but only 2 clients give me reviews back, but every client pays me well on time right after completing the work. Does giving me a JSS reflect poorly on me if a client did not give me a review?

Best Regards,
Muhammad Annus

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
d7f0c067
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for the response, But I have completed 8 projects and all are different clients.

You have only 2 feedbacks.

You can ask your clients to leave feedback. Check your "No feedback given" jobs.

HI, I asked once and I give feedback to my every client.

Your feedback dont matter here. Client must leave own. When you have 5 more clients feedbacks thes JSS will be calculated and shown.

Some lazy clients never leave feedbacks. So you need to done more jobs.

If client didn't give feedback does it count as a negative or positive?

It didn't counted at all.

Thank you. I've request my clients for the feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members