🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cant buy connects
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e570cd4e
Community Member

Hi, 
I am new to upwork and want to add more connects to my account. for that i have added my internation payment enabled card in payment method but after providing OTP it says "We can't complete your request now".

can somebody let me know what can be the issue and how to resolve that. I am not able to submit new proposals to clients.

Hi Prit,

Could you please try using a different browser, or log in to your account again after clearing your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e570cd4e
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried restarting Google Chrome browser but it was not working so after that i tries with incognito mode in google chrome and yes it worked fine and payment was successfully made to my account.

Thanks,

Prit I.

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
gomzid
Community Member

Hey

I'm getting error while buing connects, I'm trying to buy 60 connects to apply to job posts but when I fill my card details and otp after that transcation fails and I get error 

"We can't complete your request now"

Error 500 (A)

can someone help ?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gautam,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sagar_official
Community Member

Hello everyone... I'm Sagar, from India... When I try to add Billing Methods from Settings through my DEBIT card (Visa Electron)... but it is continue failure. And my linked bank account is national (Bank of Baroda, INDIA) account only.. Is it really necessary that my debit card should be International? So, How do I add my debit card to billing methods? Please suggest me friends... Advance Thanks,

Hi Sagarmoy,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance. You can read more about this here

Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
wmalinao
Community Member

Hi!

I want to buy connects, but it says Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. I tried both VISA and MASTERCARD and my paypal account and all failed. Please help

Wendie M

Hi Wendie,

I checked, and it looks like our team reached out to you regarding the status of your account. I’ve shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will assist you further via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Mr. Nikola

jwadulhssn
Community Member

Assalam o alaikum

I have added a visa card as billing method But I cant buy connects. Please guide me

Hi Jawad,

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I checked your account and it looks like the bank has declined the transaction. I recommend that you contact your bank and ask them about the specific charge decline. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance from our end.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
imroza
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects on upwork through paypal.Earlier it was working fine for me. In the billing method, pyapal is added as payment method and i have suffcient fund in my account also to buy the same

Hi Imroz,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods

~ Nikola
Upwork
zaind07
Community Member

i am unable to buy connects as i add desbit card upwork shows this message(we are unable to authorize your card. please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank)

help please

Hi Zain,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
zaind07
Community Member

hi nikola 

i followed your instructions but unfortunately its showing same issue

Hi Zain,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
248c8c0b
Community Member

actually its not a upwork issue in pakistan our bank not support e-commerce features by defult please enable your visa card e-commerce feature or contact to your bank , for upwork mcb bank is a better choice then others 

0431ce7f
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am new to Upwork and was trying to submit a proposal. Earlier, there was an issue with the bank when I was trying to buy connects which is resolved. But I am still not able to buy connect token, it is showing error as "Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 5ce9c47c78894dad-BOM" and a windows pop-up to try again later". I have attached the screenshot of the error along with this.

Can anyone look into this and resolve my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Nikhil Anand

Hi Nikhil,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
deepakr30
Community Member

I am unable to buy my connections as every time I try to, I get this message, "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

at one time I was even taken to the payment server and after entering the OTP 

This message popped out

We can't complete your request now

Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.

For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Error 500 (A)
Trace ID: 5ceadc22e8516ad3-BOM

I also tried using PayPal that also failed.

Please help me out with this.

If your card supports dual-currency then you are able to purchase. Contact your bank hope they can exact explanation of why your card is not working.

Hi Deepak,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
swatifauzdar
Community Member

I Want to upgrade my membership but Payment was declined. I asked to my bank and everything was good from bank.

Hi Swati,

I checked and it seems that the charge is getting declined by your bank. Please check with them for more information. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for upgrading your membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I asked my bank and they say Nothing issue from our bank. I tried with
three different different payment methods and cards but it always declined.
now what i do. plz help me.

Hi Swati,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
46ec1d2b
Community Member

Unable to to buy connects with my debit card. I am using BankAlfalah Visa Debit Card. I was call on bank's helpline,they said everything is fine on their end. After that I try to add billing method but the error is same (We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank).

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your billing method and purchasing Connects.

Thank you

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
mansi8583
Community Member

Hi There,

I have tried making a payment for buying Connects. But I am not being allowed. I wanted to check if there are any issues with payment or my system.

regards

Mansi

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mansi,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
splivy1
Community Member

I entered my credit card info to buy more credits and after I hit the submit button a blank window appeared. The window that should have popped up should probably have included a cofirm tab, but like I said, the window that appeared was blank. Tried this multiple times with no success. My cc has not been declined. Something appears to not be working with Upwork's API.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ttishaqtt
Community Member

Hi everyone.!

I'm facing an issue while adding new payment method. My debit card is active and enabled for international transactions. The error message is attached here.Upwork issue.jpg

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alihaiderzz
Community Member

Hello.

I am facing trouble in buying connects. Whenever I try to buy connects and after adding my Debit card info and click save it says: "Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Check your email for further steps". Please solve this issue. I want to buy 80 connects. But I cannot proceed further. My Internet banking from the Debit card is also activated. Please resolve my issue. Image of the message is attached

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members