🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439

Hi Ali,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with the verification.

You can check out this help article for information on the available Billing Methods for buying connects.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
abhijitmahanta
Community Member

All ok while putting the otp for transaction showing error500( A).

Hi Abhijit,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wahababdul39
Community Member

Why I can't buy connects? I've added my debit card details in the payment method but everytime I try to buy connects, it says your payment method isn't verified.

Hi Abdul,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork
saini-akhilesh
Community Member

akhil_k_p
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects on upwork. Is it a problem with my bank or upwork? It shows "this request cant be processed now"

paramjeetsingh41
Community Member

I want to buy more connects but I can't

Hi Paramjeet, Akhilesh, and Akhil,

Paramjeet, and Akhil, please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Akhilesh, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your response. I will be waiting.

81a9ae45
Community Member

Hello Upwork,
I just purchased connects and transaction is successful but can't received the connect.kindly resolve my issue ASAP.
Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Samiullah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
abeehah
Community Member

I am a successful freelancer on other websites. I'm new to Upwork and have used up my free connects. I wanted to purchase more connrcts but there's an issue. My debit card is not acceptable on upwork. It's from a local bank in Pakistan. Also, we don't have PayPal in Pakistan.
Is there another way to purchase connects? Can I attach my bank to upwork?
If the above is not possible, can I get free connrcts from Upwork to apply on a few job proposals? I'm an experienced freelancer so I'm quite confident that I'll land a client.

Hi Umme Abeeha,

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
adi-2606
Community Member

hello ma'am

I'm not able to add a credit card to my billing method 

(the card belongs to my dad)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adnan,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adi-2606
Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response and support
the problem still persists,
i'm using an international credit card which belongs to my dad 
i request you to please help me out with this

Hi Adnan,

Please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly. Feel free to check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
836c3871
Community Member

I tried to add my Father's MasterCard in Billing methods to buy Membership /Connects but its showing unable to authorize your card. How can I resolve this issue? Thank you

Hi Asaduzzaman,

It looks like the charge on the credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact the card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
836c3871
Community Member

It's a Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard. The card is loaded and all ok

Hi Asaduzzaman,

When we checked, the transaction has been declined. This is why Andrea referred you to check with the issuing bank to have this checked. There are other options you can use to purchase connects or upgrade your membership. To learn more about the billing method available, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
atm-softtek
Community Member

I cannot purchase connects using my existing debit card of Upwork. However, last 3 months I used to buy connects using that card only. Please help!

Hi Atul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes, Please. 
It's really urgent for me!
While buying connects my Debit Card is asking for OTP and after entering OTP, it's showing "We can't complete your request now".
Also, there is a Trace ID is showing. I am attaching Screenshots regarding this!

Hi Atul,

Our team already reached out to you via this support ticket and will continue assisting you there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you so much for the help!

mazhar_nasir
Community Member

I'm not able to add my payment method of the master card. When I click on the add billing method it shows an error that I have attached below.

I tried different browsers too by clearing the cache and cookies.

Hi Mazhar,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
vijeshviju
Community Member

I have a verified paypal account, which is linked to my upwork account. I can see in my paypal account the billing agreement with upwork  Still when Upwork tried to charge it says on the upwork page "charge failed". In paypal I can't even see that any attempt was made. How can I get more information what is wrong? 

Hi Vijesh,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~ Joanne
Upwork
sanyamdoshi
Community Member

The same issue I tried every payment method but when use the mobile browser shows the same error 500a error and while using on the laptop it shows choose another alternative method even used different card methods something wrong with it.

Hi Sanyam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects. You can access your tickets on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
bhavik_bhalodia
Community Member

Hi Valeria,

I am not able to add a new billing method. Due to this, I am unable to buy connects. Can you please look into it? Let me know for further information.

Thanks,

Bhavik

Hi Bhavik,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
tofayelahmed88
Community Member

Hi There,

I am a new freelancer in Upwork and have completed my profile 100%.
I have set up my Payoneer Mastercard as a billing method.

I have tried to purchase new connects using my Payoneer Mastercard ending 0888. But Upwork System does not allow me to purchase new connects using the Payoneer Mastercard.

Please proceed with my request and allow me to purchase new connects through my Payoneer Mastercard.

Otherwise, Either give me enough suggestions that help me to purchase more connects or let me know the Upwork policy for billing methods.

Best Regards,
Tofayel

I use my own bank account to pay for connects. You can connect your bank account to your Upwork profile.

On the other side, when I was using Payoneer, I had issues with using their card for payments.

They issue was probably somewhere on my end, as I didn't really look into it.

I just didn't care enough to work on solving my issue with them, as I was like 137th guy in the line for their awesome customer support.  

Hi Tofayel,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi There,

I am a new freelancer in Upwork and have completed my profile 100%.

I have set up my Payoneer Mastercard as a billing method.

I have tried to purchase new connects using my Payoneer Mastercard ending 0888. But Upwork System does not allow me to purchase new connects using the Payoneer Mastercard.

Please proceed with my request and allow me to purchase new connects through my Payoneer Mastercard.

Otherwise, Either give me enough suggestions that help me to purchase more connects or let me know the Upwork policy for billing methods.

Best Regards,
Tofayel

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members