🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
110eb35e
Community Member

Same issue what should i do to buy connects if card is unable to authorize my debit card help

Hi Shahid,

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi done online session on but still not working this is master card and also usable for online international 

Now i am getting this Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later what should i do i already done every thing now suggestion needed from upwork team

Hi Shahid,

Could you please double-check all of the information entered is correct before trying to purchase Connects again?

Let us know if you need any further assistance,

~Andrea
Upwork
110eb35e
Community Member

i checked every thing and added my bank card successfully but when i click on buy connects it loads but then give error Your payment could not be processed so what should i do now

Hi Shahid,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rickybs
Community Member

hello,

I want to buy Upwork connect using my PayPal balance but it keeps me asking for credit card information which I don't have. my PayPal account is already verified and I used it for quite a long time. is there a way I pass filling the credit card info check? thank you.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ricky,

Unfortunately no, you will need to have a credit card connected to your PayPal wallet as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aqsaqayyum60
Community Member

Hi Experts, 
I don't know how many times should i ask the same question. Kindly help me out. I do have an attached visa card. My bank has allowed me international transactions.but Upwork shows me the error of 
"Payment was declined. Update now"
I do have credit in my account. but still, how should I resolve this. I can't even buy connects and start my work. Cant waste my more time. please help me out

Hi Aqsa, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Additionally, you may want to check the options available to you and learn more about the acceptable billing methods.

~ Nikola
Upwork
nisar_hussain
Community Member

hi

I am trying to buy connects but it continuously decline saying, Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later. I have verified my debit card from bank to allow international transaction. they told me your card is already activated for international transactions. but still facing the same issue. I have also cleared my browser cookies but still nothing happens

Hi Nisar,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi upwork. I cannt buy connects using paypal and get this message again  and again "We're sorry. We were unable to set up pre-approved payments. Please try again later."

Hi Ihsan,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

arvind_reddy
Community Member

I have tried multiple times to buy connects. But always there is a error. Your payment cannot be processed choose alternate payment method. My paypal account is verified & My card linked to paypal is a international payment card(visa).
May i know the reason for this particular payment failure.

Hi Arvind,

Please try using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet. You can contact PayPal support in case you need help setting up your account. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the available billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
itsolutions35
Community Member

I have bought connects with my card from upwork several times and all the time the process is immediate and hassle free. But from the last hour unfortunately when i try to buy connects the payment declined and upwork is saying to me to add another payment method. Where as my card is active and also have enough funds. 

It happens with skrill and sometime payoneers, And got solved when cookies are being clear from the server. How would i reach upwork support so theycan check the matter/issue for me .

Hi Sajid Hussain,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

As i have many important work and password save , i can't clear cookies though i can use another browser. I have done many buy with my card and has not faced this issue before. Let me update you by using different browser

yusufkhanart
Community Member

I am not able to buy connects, the transaction take place but nothing happens, I tried several banks and different cards but nothing works. Please fix this issue. And there is nothing wrong with any cards and bank

Hi Yusuf,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
853cf766
Community Member

Need to upgrade my upwork membership plan but i got error message: card was decliend.

let me clear something,

I' new to upwork

My upwork profile name and payonner card name are not same.

I don't have any credit card or payonner master card

I did try using my friend payonner master card for purchase connects & membership plan

I have Debit card from  local bank, and i withdraw $ from upwork using it.

Now what should i do ? and Need to upgrade my upwork membership plan very badly cz i have 0 connects on my account. Expect Great solution Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amod,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please note that prepaid cards may be used to purchase Connects, but not membership plans.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ninsvillanueva27
Community Member

Hi, I'm unable to buy connects using my card. I have done this before but I never experienced an issue. My two Visa cards were declined and both of them have funds. I already tried to clear cache and cookies and used a different browser but the same issue happens. Please help.

Hi Nina,

Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
048cc573
Community Member

Hello 

I am unable to make the payment, when I try to buy connects. I try to buy connects through paypal then I recieved message of ( Choose an alternative method ) and when I try to buy connects through bank account then I recieved message that ( Bank was unable to verify your information ). Can someone please help me to buy connects. Please look at the screenshot I add below regarding problem I face. 

Thanks in advance 

https://prnt.sc/w6i873

Hi Umang,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Please know that in order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods.  

~ Nikola
Upwork
humayunmehreen
Community Member

Hi. My payment method is verified, but when I buy connects using my card, they are declining my card details. why this is so ? please guide.

Hi Mehreen,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
1c70ab69
Community Member

hi, i am hussain **Edited for Community Guidelines** i have added my payment card i am facing payment declined issues i have contacted with my card provider, they says card is active from our end now i need connects therefore resolve my issue i am facing it from lat 4,5 hours. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hussain,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
waqasseo
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Hi Waqas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
yusufkhanart
Community Member

Hello, 

Can anyone help me regarding, billing method issue

whenever I try to add my card or Paypal, credit card it shows charge fail

and the debit card doesn't work.

Please solve this issue.

Thank You

Hi Yusuf,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, feel free to check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rudra-infotech
Community Member

i got same issueSmiley Sad

Hi ASHISH,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, you can check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members