🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » block messages from contact / potential clien...
Page options
mlebahe
Community Member

block messages from contact / potential client (NOT IN CONTRACT)

I have searched the forum and have found no viable solutions.

Several years ago (2018), I submitted a proposal for a job, and entered a conversation with the client. The conversation did not lead to a contract. Now, five years later, I am spammed with messages containing links on a weekly basis, sometimes more frequently.

All answers I have found said that clicking on the three dots after their name in the message window will provide a dropdown where I can select "block". This does not exist on the mobile app, desktop app, or browser page for me.  My only options are "Add to favorites" and "hide". As I understand it, hiding will still allow them to message me. 

I also am not able to access any sort of profile for this person.

I have reported the messages to Upwork several times, but have not seen any follow up.

Can you please provide me with an actual solution?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
luqman_mak
Community Member

In the conversation, at the top is your client/senders name in large text, click that then you would get two options; go to 1 on 1 or block. This is on a webpage, i am not sure if the same applies for mobile but you can check

Screenshot 2023-09-05 155502.png

mlebahe
Community Member

Thanks for the response, but I do not have this option.

My drop down does not give either option, just shows their name and time zone.

Upwork has been absolutely no help in the matter, and I continue to receive these spam links multiple times a week.

mlebahe_0-1694586742300.png

Hi Emily,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members