🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » can't add billing method
Page options
alek5477
Community Member

can't add billing method

i can't add billing method for my account i'm using a MasterCard and i always get this error ''We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing ban''i have already made contact with my bank and they said everything is fine on there end kindly please help.

16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Please use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alek5477
Community Member

it doesn't work i tried from mobile app too and still the same error

Hi Ali,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, 
Can you assist me aswell. I have the same exact problem with my mastercard.

Hi,
I recently got the urge to start freelacing. I logged in and setup everything. Thw only thing that remains is i need a plus account but i can't add billing method. 

It always says

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

What do i do about this, i've tried different browsers, Mobile Application, cleared cookies and cache too.
Still no success.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zunaib,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those.

Afterwards, you should be able to upgrade by following the instructions shared in this help article

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
zunaib60
Community Member

I have tried several times to add billing method, the error i've mentioned is what i get every time.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Zunaib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your billing method and upgrading the membership plan. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
zunaib60
Community Member

That would be great, Thankyou.

Hi, The support ticket auto closed without solving my problem. 
The ticket suggested some things. I did those and no luck.
The error was 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Now after trying several times as suggested, the error is 

P.S: Screenshots Attached

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

• I have already added a billing method (Master Card).
  • Trying to subscribe to Freelancer Plus.
  • Getting error every single time.

Image attached.

Hi Muhammad Zunaib,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account regardless if the old account is closed. Our team already reached out to you regarding this concern via the email related to your previous account. Please follow up on that email or reach back to us so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

In this account i can atleast add a billing method.
The other account could not do this even.
About the payment process i found a forum that you guys dont store CVV2 and my bank reuqires that at every transaction so might have to change the bank i think.

b2738e9b
Community Member

Hey I have the same problem, I have tried two of my card and also tried from phone and web. Please Assist me ASAP
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Saqib

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members