🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click ...
Page options

Issue with adding portfolio. Unable to click on "Go to Preview".

Some users may experience issues while adding a portfolio to their profile. 

Screenshot of issue. 

egaruth_1-1695304053046.png

I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

While this issue is being resolved we would like to provide a workaround. Could you please try and add an image or video link to the Project Solution section as shown in the screenshot below?

egaruth_2-1695304435865.png

Once done, the "Go to Preview" button should no longer be greyed out. Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. 

Edited to update information. 10/12/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Our engineers also made improvements to the Portfolio section to make it more clear what fields are required. 

The changes that were implemented include:

• Adding asterisks to required fields and a message on the file inputs to let freelancers know that those are required. Any required fields must be attended to in order for the preview button to work.
  • Also, when it comes to a "Case study" type of portfolio there are two fields that have to have at least one file uploaded or a video link needs to be provided.

Screenshots for reference.

Required fields.

egaruth_0-1697142392485.png

"Case study" type.

egaruth_1-1697142392553.png

We appreciate your patience. 

130 Comments
lastoneleft
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. 😞 

2acb9d1e
Community Member

Hello,

I am currently experiencing this issue. I cannot upload a new portfolio because the "Go to Preview" is greyed out. Please help, thank you

Ya he realizado el proceso en otros navegadores y borre los coockies 

f2a7efbb
Community Member

Hello, 

I am still having the same reported issue. I have also tried all the troubleshooting methods of the OP to no avail. 

f2a7efbb_0-1696964595780.png

f764d006
Community Member

Hello there, I am also having this same issue.

312ef79c
Community Member

hello, I am having the same issue. I need to solve this now please. What is the problem?

d70a0d3c
Community Member

Hi!

As mentioned in the title the "Go to Preview" button is greyed out and unclickable during adding a new portfolio item. is there any solution to this?

640c7827
Community Member

I also have the same problem like my "go to preview" button is not working and is grey, i haven't found the solution yet.

edinaosm
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am having the same problem. I am about to update my profile and add a portfolio, but it does not let me. The solutions mentioned before are not helpful at the moment. Hopefully, we will resolve it soon.

Thanks!

javaperez
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding my issue with uploading my portfolio projects on my profile.

Despite several attempts, I have been unable to upload my portfolio projects successfully. Whenever I try to upload a project, the button greys out, and the project cannot be uploaded.

I have tried uploading projects of different file types and sizes, but the issue persists.

Please let me know if you require any additional information or troubleshooting steps from my end to assist you in diagnosing and resolving this problem. I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for your assistance.

Javier

8df490d9
Community Member

I am having some difficulty adding portfolio to my account, everytime i try to add one, it gives me the following error "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later".

Things i have tried:

Clearing browser cache.

Changing browser.

Incognito mode.

***UPDATE: I am able to upload portfolios BUT can't upload this one specific portfolio which is very odd behaviour.***