🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » About my account suspension.
Page options
garciayener
Community Member

About my account suspension.

Hello,

How are you doing?

I am contacting you again because my account was not recovered yet. Let me explain.

I did create 2 accounts with my fault. At first, since I didn't know about Upwork terms at all, so I created account with my brother's(Roudi Garcia) informations. After that, I noticed and tried to change name to my own(Yener Garcia). But did not work well. That is why I closed that account and re-created this account with my information. Sorry about my misunderstanding and making you confused about this. For now, I understood Upwork terms a bit well and will try best to follow that strictly.

Thanks so much.

Yener

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yener,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
garciayener
Community Member

Hello there,

My upwork account was suspended suddenly without any reason(I think) and contacted Upwork support team.

But they said I used a tool or a service that may mask my location. What is this? I don't really understand at all.

I don't know about that at all and had never used that.
Waiting for your reply...

Thanks,

Yener

Hi Yener,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. Once our team completes the review of the provided information they will update you directly on your existing support ticket.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Yener,

My account was suspended and I received the same email as you did. I have never used a tool or a service that may mask my location. Was your account reinstated? My account is still suspended.

When I submitted the billing statement for ID verification, they didn't review it carefully and replied that my verification did not pass. Why they did not accept ID was that there was no address on the document. Since there was really an address I submitted the same document multiple times. I attached the screenshot that showed the position of the address to my email. They accepted the ID after submitting the same document four times. After it turned out that my identification is correct, they picked up another reason that they noticed a service or a tool that may mask my location. It doesn't make sense because I have used neither of them.

How can I reply? The client has been so patient so far. I hope my account will be reinstated soon because there is nothing wrong with my activity. I wish I could complete the current client's project only.

Thank you,

Leslie

Hi Leslie, 

I highly recommend that you continue communicating with the team through your support ticket with Ticket #27624115 so that they can assist you further. 

On my end, I will go ahead and follow up with them so that they can get back to you soon.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery,

Thank you for your assistance. But nobody reached out to me. Until when do I have to wait?

Thank you,

Leslie

I'm sorry for the delay, Leslie. I have followed up with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Leslie,

Don't worry, Keep contacting Upwork team and give all the necessary proofs. If you didn't do anything against TOS. Upwork will not suspend your account. Just be positive!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths