🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Accepting Interview without details
Page options
vlad_vov
Community Member

Accepting Interview without details

Hello,

I am new to the site and I couldn't find anywhere any information on the subject. I've recieved twice now an interview invitation without too much details regarding the proposed job. I am interested in accepting the interview to find out more details so that I can set the right terms. However, by pressing accept the interview the system forces me to set terms before I can even predict anything. I also cannot find anywhere a buttom to send a message to the client to inquire about those details. 

So my question is, how can I accept an interview without setting any terms, or contact the client for more details without accepting the interview?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Vladislav V wrote:

So my question is, how can I accept an interview without setting any terms, or contact the client for more details without accepting the interview?

You accept the interview and tell the client that you look forward to giving them a meaningful quote for the work after discussing their ideas and requirements with them and that your bid is purely a placeholder.  I tend to give them an idea what their budget would buy them approximately.

Accepting an interview does not lock you into the bid. Only accepting a contract does.

vlad_vov
Community Member

Thank you Petra R 

This does sound like a good solution.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths