🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Account suspended immediately after creation
Page options
addyflow
Community Member

Account suspended immediately after creation

Hi all. I just created an upwork freelancer account like 2 minutes ago and I immediately got the message that my account has been suspended (no email, just a message on top of upwork website). I filled out everything with the appropriate info except the employment and education fields. I got suspended outright for no apparent reason without doing anything. I have never used upwork before.

Note: I created the email for upwork right before creating the upwork account. Could this be the reason?

Thanks for your help in advance. I hope I can fix this issue.

8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Mohammad,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi all. I just created an upwork freelancer account like 2 minutes ago and I immediately got the message that my account has been suspended (no email, just a message on top of upwork website). I filled out everything with the appropriate info . I got suspended outright for no apparent reason without doing anything. I have never used upwork before.

Note: I created the email for upwork right before creating the upwork account. Could this be the reason?

Thanks for your help in advance. I hope I can fix this issue

Hi Pathan,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
119bbebb
Community Member

Dear Joanne, 

I also have the same problem. I've just created my accound and immediately suspended.

I don't even know the reason behing that and I just want to transfer my sectoral know-how on Upwork ecosystem.

I hope we can find the reason of suspension and solve the issue is possible.

Please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards,
-Mert

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mert,

I've followed up with our team and your account has been resumed. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi everyone.

It's my first day and even first hour here. 

I've just created my Upwork account and got suspended immediately and permanently.

There is no VPN or any other violation. I strongly believe that here is a mistake. 

I didn't even get an information mail about suspension.

The reason that I am here is to transfer my technical PM skills to Upwork and stregthen my global network but I can't even get in here. 

A have a request. I want to learn the reason of suspension and want to learn how to become a freelancer at Upwork.

Will be waiting for your response. Because I am very enthusiastic about that and also having online lessons about succes on Upwork for months but today, I am not even able to become a member..

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards.

-MK

Upwork Suspension.JPG

64fefc00
Community Member

Hello all, i just updated my account which was created 1 month ago and i immediately got my account has been suspended  (no email, just a message on top of upwork website). I have contacted the upwork support and the answer is always checks the email and notifications.

If there is something to do or solution for this issue, please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Rendi,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths