🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » please help!!!
Page options
72a52393
Community Member

please help!!!

Hello, My name is Kemi

Please i'm new here on upwork and i can really use some help.

I have a pdf scanned document i need to translate from mongolia to English.

How do i make it editable?? 

Thanks as i await response.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Kemi:

Close the contract now.

Then send a short message to the client:

"Thank you for the opportunity to work on this project. Unfortunately, I am not the right person to work on this. I wish you well."

Next time you have an opportunity to get hired, make sure you receive the input files and instructions before starting the job. If it is something you don't know how to do, then don't accept the contract.

If you find that there are particular skills or techniques that would be useful to know in your line of work, then go ahead and study those on your own time. That way you will be prepared to use those skills in the future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Newbie mistake: accepting a job that you are unable to do. 

To your question: there is a software that can do that, but I've never found a free version. You can hire a freelancer to do it for you.

Edit - your rate - ouch. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Kemi:

Close the contract now.

Then send a short message to the client:

"Thank you for the opportunity to work on this project. Unfortunately, I am not the right person to work on this. I wish you well."

Next time you have an opportunity to get hired, make sure you receive the input files and instructions before starting the job. If it is something you don't know how to do, then don't accept the contract.

If you find that there are particular skills or techniques that would be useful to know in your line of work, then go ahead and study those on your own time. That way you will be prepared to use those skills in the future.

Thank you Preston. I didnt see the files before commencing the job. 

I never accept an offer before I see the files. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths