🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Ask me anything about Upwork
Page options
muddasar-raja
Community Member

Ask me anything about Upwork

Hi everyone!

I am creating this post to welcome all new as well as existing freelancers here on Upwork. Those who are new here I welcome you all! Please feel free to ask me as many questions and concerns you have related to upwork and I will answer them.

Looking forward to collaborate here with talent.

Best Regards

Muddasar

159 REPLIES 159
f6636c3d
Community Member

Hi Muddasar,

I just want to understand if the Upwork Plus Membership is worth a try? Does it give us any benefits apart from the connects, means does it make our profile visible to the client very often or any other perks?

Hi Vikram,

Arjay here stepping in for Muddasar to address your query.  Freelancer Plus can help you more effectively market your services, submit proposals, and stand out from the crowd. When you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan for $14.99 USD a month, you'll receive the following perks:

• You’ll be visible. We keep your profile active, even if you take a break
  • You’ll gain insight. See what bids your competitors are making on a posted job
  • You’ll get help engaging with clients. You’ll get 80 Connects per month (70 included with your plan purchase, and 10 FREE from Upwork!) to help you find great new projects
  • You’ll stand out. We’ll give you a customized profile URL so clients can remember how to find you
  • You can keep your earnings private. Want to keep your earnings confidential? You can with Freelancer Plus!

Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
scorio5
Community Member

Hello Arjay M

first of all , thank you for the proactive assistance , its highly appreciated
My Question is 
I'm so confused because I recently purchased Freelancer Plus to use its features , specially "  See what bids your competitors are making on a posted job "  , the date of purchase is " 1/8/2023 "  
but im unable to see their bids so far , I just see the average number of bids , example "10-15 bids" similar to the free subscription 

any solution ?

Thanks again . 

Hi Mostafa,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
99e0e587
Community Member

asslam o Alaikum how can we buy connects

Hi Nabila,

There are several ways to purchase Connects. Check them out here.

~Andrea
Upwork
c278fbda
Community Member

Im not the talent you are looking for, or maybe I am, not sure. But, my question is, while im filling out my main serivess I offer it says you must pick 10.  I have picked well over 10 and it still says the same thing. WHAT DO I DO? It's driving me crazy. It's not as easy as the guy on Tik Tok made it look and I cant get an answer out of him. I just need to make some money. WHAT DO I DO? Thank you in advance for reading and hopefully answering my question.

Thank you so much,

Torie Burdick

c278fbda
Community Member

c278fbda_1-1678469969636.png

like this... I dont know what it wants me to do. I hve picked over 10 , but it will not let me go forward. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Thanks,
Torie Burdick

Hi Torie,

Please keep in mind that you can select up to 10 skills here. Meaning 10 is the maximum number available. Could you please remove some skills and try again?

~Andrea
Upwork
rasel391
Community Member

Hi, Can you give me any suggestions? How to be successful through Upwork? 😊

Hi MD!

I would give a short and precise answer of your question. Please read blog of Upwork regarding most demanding freelancing skills, which you can learn and they will definitely help you to be successful through upwork

46cccadd
Community Member

Aoa..thanks for creating this post . i am new freelancer here on Upwork. i can not enough know about this vebsite. plz help me how can i get my first work on this site... 

Hi Javed

Please read upwork's blog on how to start your journey as freelancer.

fa276601
Community Member

I would like to ask, How should a new talent get a job fast?

You can get your job by submitting effective proposals to most relevant jobs.

be93fcff
Community Member

Can you please review my profile

I just did.. you need to improve profile description and portfolio

281cbe45
Community Member

Hi. Am trying to apply for work and I saw an insufficient connect,why

Hi Hammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I've checked your account and it looks like you've already used up your Connects to your previous Proposals. Please note that as a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to reach out and let clients know you're interested in their project. That is when you send proposals to potential clients. 

We suggest you check this help article for you to better understand how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b1413e0f
Community Member

Muddasar, thanks for your kind offer re answering questions.

I haven't used Upwork for quite a while.

I have engaged a contractor on an hourly rate for a little work.
I can see she has worked an hour.

I cannot see a way to pay her. Or does my card automatically get charged once we hit a certain milestone or after x days?

Thanks for any help as I'd hate to miss paying her.

Hi Brendon!

Hope you are doing great! Your card will get charged after the work week is ended, you will have option to review and then following week upwork will release payment to the freelancer your hired.

a14f35c1
Community Member

Hello. Hope you are doing great. am having a propblem completing my profile. I haven,t done this before

sijalnaqvi
Community Member

Hi Muddasar,

I am new on upwork and i am continously bidding on project from a month but i am not getting any project please review my profile and give some techniques so i can win the job. Thanks

Hello. Am also new on Upwork. Wish i would help.

Please I can't access any project. Anytime I tried to apply for a job it shows no connect

Hi Hammad,

I've checked and it looks like you don't have enough Connects to use when submitting proposals. Please note that as a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to reach out and let clients know you're interested in their project. We recommend you read through this help article to better understand how Connects works.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Sijal!

Hope you are doing great! I saw your profile and it looks good. You might need to improve your proposal and also try to bid on relevant projects. Please add more skills so that you can see more jobs. Always try to send portfolio with your proposal in the attachments

5dc588b7
Community Member

Being new here i have no experience at all, can u tell what to do in the attachment box

I am not sure, which attachment box you talking  about?

biswaskallol
Community Member

Why didn't showing my skill base job on my profile?

check most recent jobs

4baa0feb
Community Member

how did u get ur first job from upwork?

Hi sharmin. are you fine. I'm Pawan.  I'm now on upwork. but I no receive any Job. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0100870d5ebd93d6e8 . 

Massage me on LinkedIn

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1eb465ab
Community Member

how do i gwt my 1st job

f7820468
Community Member

Please I need your help here sir, how can I set my profile on Upwork.

hi there

please imporove your profile, by adding your own image, a good profile description, portfolio related to your work.

70780a77
Community Member

Hi Mudassar E,

I'm new to Upwork and haven't had success in getting a job yet. I'm unsure if it's due to my profile or my proposal approach. Could you please review my profile and provide feedback on areas for improvement?

Thank you!

Hello!

Hope you are well! I have viewed your profile and there are improvements needed. you need to put your real name, a good profile description, portfolio, your own real image. And then in the end you need to send some proposals for the work...

If you need more help feel free to ask

9b1b6a7e
Community Member

Hi Muddasar E,

I am a Full Stack Developer with over 6+ years of experience and I am new to Upwork, Well I landed a job in just one month after creating my account and the client was extremely happy that she offered me 2 more jobs but after that, I did not get any job even I bid on a lot of jobs any advice.

Hi Burhan!

Hope you are doing great today! I would like to suggest that you should bid on projects with least proposals on them and also try not to copy and paste your proposals.. Try to give solutions in your proposals and make sure to present your portfolio in an effective way.

Hope this helps!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths