🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Beginner's Question
Page options
b2e3f136
Community Member

Beginner's Question

Hello everyone,

Joy here.

Im very new here in Upwork and I'm still familiarizing myself with the hows and whats of being a freelancer. 

As I don't have any past works to present to the client when submittinf a proposal, is it wise to honestly tell them that I am new in this industry?

Thank you for your replies.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
45f4b54e
Community Member

The thing that the client want from you is whether you would be able to complete a job or not. So, If you dont have anything in your portfolio right now! Just explain the client how you would approach to his/her problem. Give them the lower rates in the first few jobs and it would get along.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Joy,

Welcome to Upwork! Being upfront with your clients about your experience level and past work is a good practice. It shows that you value honesty and transparency, which are crucial for building trust and rapport with your clients. You can also highlight your skills, enthusiasm and willingness to learn from feedback. This way, you can demonstrate your professionalism and potential as a freelancer. I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started and make the most out of Upwork:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

- Pradeep
Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your reply and for  your suggestions.

I appreciate your help.

God bless you.

Joy
45f4b54e
Community Member

The thing that the client want from you is whether you would be able to complete a job or not. So, If you dont have anything in your portfolio right now! Just explain the client how you would approach to his/her problem. Give them the lower rates in the first few jobs and it would get along.

Thank you for your reply and your suggestions.
I appreciate your help.

God bless you.

Joy
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths