Community Member

Billing issue

Hi this is what a got everytime I try adding my billing method, what's going on
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paulina,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to connect your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paulina,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to connect your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks so much it work, but I try buying connect using my visa it show payment decline please help
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paulina Aja,

Unfortunately, it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the payment.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f44c0e84
Community Member

Thanks Bojan the fault Is from my payment card
I will do something about it
shrazarizvi
Community Member

Hi there,

I just upgraded to Upwork Plus and I am having a terrible experience with it. I really need help with this.

I upgraded to Plus for the first time today. I previously had 15 connects, which vanished right after the upgrade. After upgrading, I received 93 connects instead of the 100 described in the Plus upgrade details and perks section. I was charged the full $20, and my account details show that I have a full month of Plus starting today (May 20th to June 19th). When I started to discuss this with support (I'm not sure if it was a human or a bot), I got a very strange response that made me regret my decision to upgrade. I mean its not some huge problem but I mean the honesty matters and if you do business this way why don't you mention that in Plus details and then user decide I;ll go for it or not.

Support said that connects would be given on a pro-rata basis, but the payment would be full, not on a pro-rata basis. The support had no clue where my 15 old connects went and said that it was not their issue. When I asked why my profile shows a full month, I got a generic response and nothing more.

Can anyone please help me understand what is happening?

Hi Hassan, 

I will be happy to help. I would like to clarify that if you choose to upgrade your account from Basic to Plus, your free Connects will be prorated. This means that we'll allocate them based on time, or specifically, on how many days have already passed during your billing cycle. By prorating free Connects, we can be sure that you always get a fair amount, no matter when you make changes to your plan.

I checked, and it looks like you had 12 Connects. After upgrading to Freelancer Plus, you received 93 Connects, for a total of 105 Connects. You can find all changes about your Connects balance on your Connects History page

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for responding. I understand that billing works on a prorated basis. What I am trying to understand is if you say, "if you choose to upgrade your account from Basic to Plus, your free Connects will be prorated. This means that we'll allocate them based on time, or specifically, on how many days have already passed during your billing cycle."

Does this mean I have a predefined billing cycle, or that my billing date is different from the date I paid for Plus or upgraded? Can you tell me what my actual billing date is? Why does my account show the "Current Billing Cycle
May 20, 2024 — Jun 19, 2024" if I upgraded in the middle of the cycle?

According to the Plus Membership Billing Cycle date, it is clear that my billing date is May 20, 2024 — Jun 19, 2024 because I upgraded on this date. So why am I being told about "prorated" billing when today is the first day of the billing cycle?

Let's assume that you charge users on the beggining of the month you prorate the billing because I joined on May 20 and had 11 days remaining in the month. The calculation should be as follows:

Connects: 100 / 31 = 3.23 so 11 x 3.23 = 35.53 - I should have given 35 connects for remaining 11 days of May

Fees: 20 USD / 31 = 0.65 So 0.65 x 11 = 7.15 USD - I should have charged 7.15 USD for remaining 11 days of May

My profile should have shown I have 11 days in my billing date.

There seems to be an error in the system because I am being charged for the full month while resources are being given on a prorated basis. Does this mean I will be charged again on June 1st since the billing is prorated?

Can you please help me understand what I am missing here because its not about connect or fees its about the system that I am going to work in, since it is not the one time thing?

Thank you!

Hassan

Hassan, your billing cycle changed when you upgraded your membership. Your previous billing cycle used to renew on the 12th of each month, and since you upgraded on the 20th, your new billing cycle starts from that new date on a go-forward basis. You can read more about this in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths